Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
Can anyone confirm if 4438 and/or 4476 are fitted with WiFi please?
Find all posts by this user
(13/12/2016 22:39)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Can anyone confirm if 4438 and/or 4476 are fitted with WiFi please?

4476 did when it was at Winsford so presumably still has it.
(14/12/2016 14:00)Lynx Wrote:  4476 did when it was at Winsford so presumably still has it.

Thanks Lynx
The Speke allocator was having a good time with the 79/79D yesterday with 4117 4177 4211 4570 and 5 Commanders on the service.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(16/12/2016 07:18)childwallblues Wrote:  The Speke allocator was having a good time with the 79/79D yesterday with 4117 4177 4211 4570 and 5 Commanders on the service.

Not to worry. There will soon be a nice new fleet of hybrids on it.
(16/12/2016 08:52)Barney Wrote:  Not to worry. There will soon be a nice new fleet of hybrids on it.

ok allocation for the moment apart from the ex London junk
Ex London junk? You have your opinion but I love riding them,

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(16/12/2016 12:18)FC Pictures Wrote:  ok allocation for the moment apart from the ex London junk

What's wrong with the DLPs and VLWs? They aren't that bad

I'd rather get a seat on an ex-London double decker than stand up on a 44-seat single decker and I'm sure a lot of passengers on routes operated Speke depot would agree with me
(16/12/2016 22:02)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  What's wrong with the DLPs and VLWs? They aren't that bad

I'd rather get a seat on an ex-London double decker than stand up on a 44-seat single decker and I'm sure a lot of passengers on routes operated Speke depot would agree with me

the DLP`s in particular have a very poor seating layout downstairs ,the VLWs are also on the small side on the lower deck, not to mention that they are pretty clapped out and way below par compared to other double deckers that Speke has,the sooner these vanish the better
(16/12/2016 22:09)FC Pictures Wrote:  the DLP`s in particular have a very poor seating layout downstairs ,the VLWs are also on the small side on the lower deck, not to mention that they are pretty clapped out and way below par compared to other double deckers that Speke has,the sooner these vanish the better

Alright the seating layouts aren't great but they aren't junk or clapped out at all. Both types have at least 22 more seats than the Commanders and that means 22 less standing passengers. I respect your opinion but I totally disagree with it - Speke depot needed more double deckers and was given four VLWs and four DLPs (one of each has now moved to Bootle IIRC). Both types have a lot more capacity than the Commanders and I'd much rather have a DLP or VLW on the 79/79D than a Commander every time
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)