Current time: 29/06/2024, 11:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
maybe instead of running a copycat service between oldham & manchester,why not try a fast,limited stop service direct down the A62.a lot of people seem to use the bus between Oldham & Manchester.Have it starting outside the Tram Stn Then Oldham Bus Stn Then give it 1 or 2 stops along A62 to piccadilly,the could do it in 35 min so maybe if they did cheap fares & promoted it,it could be a contender against the Tram/Firstbus/Stagecoach
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
looking on the page someones decided to upload a photo of a driver using his phone while driving, think the kids in the right for getting the photo as proof but its a shame it could not of been e.mailed (sadly they no longer have an e.mail)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/02/2013 21:13)bolton bus basher Wrote:  looking on the page someones decided to upload a photo of a driver using his phone while driving, think the kids in the right for getting the photo as proof but its a shame it could not of been e.mailed (sadly they no longer have an e.mail)

I noticed that on their page last week. Interesting how some of their drivers very quickly jumed in to defend their fellow driver despite the fact he is breaking the law!
Although this is nothing new, ive witnessed drivers using their phones in the past and one driver who often drove on daytime sunday 169's often texted while driving.

If i had managed to get a photo i would have been straight to the police!
(15/02/2013 18:29)SF07 Wrote:  JPT have announced a few route changes and new routes, which will take place in April.

The 157 is a new route running between Hollin and Manchester via Middleton, Rhodes, North Manchester General Hospital and Rochdale Road, which will see JPT return to Hollin during the day Mon-Sat after losing the 129 (still serve Hollin with the eve/Sun 164). Route should compliment the 156 route too, which will resume a full service via Langley.

Another new route is the X81, although there are no details of the route yet. Given the numbering, it could be some kind of competing route to First's 81/81A.

JPT have gained the Sunday evening 98 service from First and also a journey on the 270 between Wythenshawe and Trafford Park (possibly the current GB Coaches journey). They will also be bringing back the night bus service on the 17.

Clutching at straws me thinks.
Why will the Nightbus 17 be any more profitable this time round than last??

They have also lost the evening 169 service to MCT.
(17/02/2013 22:26)Mayneway Wrote:  
(17/02/2013 21:13)bolton bus basher Wrote:  looking on the page someones decided to upload a photo of a driver using his phone while driving, think the kids in the right for getting the photo as proof but its a shame it could not of been e.mailed (sadly they no longer have an e.mail)

I noticed that on their page last week. Interesting how some of their drivers very quickly jumed in to defend their fellow driver despite the fact he is breaking the law!
Although this is nothing new, ive witnessed drivers using their phones in the past and one driver who often drove on daytime sunday 169's often texted while driving.

its one of them really the only issue i have with this is he is putting other peoples lives a risk for no reason and thats just pure stupid

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(17/02/2013 22:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  
(17/02/2013 22:26)Mayneway Wrote:  

its one of them really the only issue i have with this is he is putting other peoples lives a risk for no reason and thats just pure stupid

Could'nt agree more, although its nothing new in my opionion. a lot of JPT drivers, and to be fair Bluebird drivers do it as well, wear Bluetooth headsets while driving. Its an issue that has been brought up on JPT's facebook page in the past and they always avoid the issue.
Allowing bus drivers to use their mobile phones in any way while driving, whether it be phone to ear, or through Bluetooth or earphones is wrong and should be banned.
Stagecoach dont allow their drivers to use their mobile phones in the cab at all - this should be something the traffic commisioner imposes on all operators!
i think if your going to listen to music and you got a playlist then there should be no issue there as it relaxes some people bar that phones are not needed while driving and are there for in case your bus decides to break down

i think if your going to listen to music and you got a playlist then there should be no issue there as it relaxes some people bar that phones are not needed while driving and are there for in case your bus decides to break down

(17/02/2013 23:02)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i think if your going to listen to music and you got a playlist then there should be no issue there as it relaxes some people bar that phones are not needed while driving and are there for in case your bus decides to break down

Surly if you have earphones or similar in your ears, attatched to your phone theres always that tempation to use the phone to make or take a call or text, plus drivers shouldn't be 'relaxing' listening to music. Its a distraction.

As i say, Stagecoach have a strict ban on drivers using phones in the cab, if they brake down and need assistance, they simply pull over, get out of the cab and make the call.
For those who haven't seen the VOSA thread, the X81 registration appeared today, running between Shaw Distribution Centre (Linney Lane) and Rochdale bus station, apparently from tomorrow. Not sure on the route, but would imagine Newhey and Milnrow is likely calling points.

PC0004873/137 - PETER VINCENT WALSH & PARTNERS T/A J P EXECUTIVE TRAVEL, THE COACH HOUSE, JOSHUA LANE, MIDDLETON, MANCHESTER, M24 2AZ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Shaw Distribution Centre
Finish Point: Rochdale Bus Station
Via:
Service Number: X81
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 18-FEB-2013
Other Details: Tuesdays to Saturdays.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)