Current time: 01/07/2024, 06:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Stagecoach Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Wigan
(12/09/2014 21:05)Sminky Wrote:  Interesting that every duty was covered today and 100% of services operated.

There where quite a few minor bumps today with the new drivers i saw one myself on golborne rd, also one 32 operated via aspull and one via poolstock lane and i belive one beech hill bus ended up in shevington...lol
Find all posts by this user
I'm guessing the 32 driver ended up going straight up Ladies Lane and past Hindley Station instead of turning right into Castle Hill, I did notice from an hour in Leigh yesterday that some services were changing drivers in Leigh and most if not all drivers had written down map instructions with them as well as hastily made running boards and while all services were running there were the obvious gaps in services with bunching appearing but its what to be expected, more of the same on Monday I'm guessing
I'll put it under the Stagecoach Wigan thread as it was parked up there last week, just seen former London 17575 LV52HFH on Lime Street in Liverpool, presumably on a rail replacement service? Still with 'Shuttle bus' from use in Glasgow and still carrying London 'Year of the bus' roundels on the side.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
New strike dates announced. The strikes will take place on Saturday 27 and Tuesday 30 September and Wednesday 8 and Tuesday 14 October 2014.

On those dates, the 600 and 658 will both reduce to a 15 minute frequency service. There could also be a reduce in frequencies on some services during non-strike days due to a ban on overtime by the union.

The ticket restrictions from previous strike days will be in place with a £1.50 single fare.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=3218
This could prove quite interesting this weekend as I believe as per last weekend there are supposed to be roadworks closing East Lancs Road at Irlam O'th Heights and with drivers not knowing the area the diversion route takes it could end up with 32s and X34s ending up on routes they don't normally take.

If the East Lancs Road is indeed closed again this weekend expect heavy delays to 32s and X34s as last weekend delays were upto 40mins+ on services from Manchester
Noticed one of wigans "62 plate" enviro 200 coming trough st helens today on the asda roundabout heading out towards tollbar with "NOT IN SERVICE" on the dests and a wigan women driver at the wheel.
Staffbus duties perhaps Mark?
It has been confirmed that the X reg MANs will be withdrawn early next year at Wigan and replaced by cascaded buses from elsewhere,
I hope the same is for Middleton depot
(09/11/2014 21:30)M60lad Wrote:  Staffbus duties perhaps Mark?
There was a driver at the front showing directions at about 16:00pm i seen it.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)