Current time: 02/06/2024, 00:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(14/03/2020 23:06)NorthernCounties Wrote:  I've been reliably informed 159 and 419 have been won by stotts

They have.
Interesting that they haven’t won yet 339 as well which will mean a 30 min layover in Ashton after each trip.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Steven Knight Media reports that 319 vehicles (out of 738) in the Stagecoach Manchester fleet will be parked up from tomorrow.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Still nothing official from either tfgm or stagecoach about the service changes that are due to happen in mid April. Will they still go ahead?
(29/03/2020 12:17)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  Still nothing official from either tfgm or stagecoach about the service changes that are due to happen in mid April. Will they still go ahead?

It never gets announced until about 2 weeks before it happens so I’m
Guessing possibly later this week although I have heard the tfgm offices are pretty much empty at the moment.
(29/03/2020 12:17)Manchester Bus Journeys Wrote:  Still nothing official from either tfgm or stagecoach about the service changes that are due to happen in mid April. Will they still go ahead?

Given the current extraordinary circumstances operators find themselves in and the constantly changing nature on it, I'd expect April service changes to be bottom of any list of priorities. Schedulers/management etc will be far too busy focusing on the basic day to day running of their businesses at the moment. With drivers being laid off left and right and buses running round empty even on reduced timetables, the survival of the business comes before any potential service changes when things go 'back to normal'.
I would suspect special measures will be introduced by the Traffic Commisioners office with regards to alterations and service withdrawals.

If service withdrawals have to happen to enable operators to survive in the long term then i would say so be it and furlough the staff .

These are exceptional circumstances we are in nothing is ordinary any more.

The message above about the Stagecoach manchester fleet was very sobering to report that 319 out of 738 vehicles have been put into store as they have no use for them at this time due to the severely decreased requirement.
Everyone who concerned that about the April 19th Service Changes will be going ahead or not, can now rest in peace as I can officially let you know that the commercial changes have been suspended until further notice due to Covid 19.

I had it confirmed from T.F.G.M and they said the operators are going day by day with this current crisis.
(02/04/2020 14:10)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  Everyone who concerned that about the April 19th Service Changes will be going ahead or not, can now rest in peace as I can officially let you know that the commercial changes have been suspended until further notice due to Covid 19.

I had it confirmed from T.F.G.M and they said the operators are going day by day with this current crisis.

very sensible
FLEET NEWS...

Stagecoach Sharstons Enviro400 hybrids never mad it to April maybe being put into the magic bus livery no idea though, the 11 plates moving elsewhere and all magic buses gone.

Stagecoach Ashton Enviro200s the 11 plates are moving to Scotland and all the tridnets hopping into reserve and all the 56 plates going into reserve and cascaded off 19019 to 19092 in Manchester's fleets but Wigan's 19018 going to Stagecoach Midlands and only 27825 remains.

Stagecoach Stockport Enviro400Hybrid 12206 to 12213 will be going elsewhere and stockport making space for 11504 - 11555 with 11504/5/6 all been delivered to Stockport depot and looks like a few MAN Engined Enviro400s are to be withdrawn.

Stagecoach Hyde Road have 8 magic buses at the moment while sharston seem to be refurbishing their hybrids maybe for a magic bus livery and the only depot with a 2010 brid in service.

Stagecoach Middleton still remains basically the same with 19100/101/111/113/115/116 the only depot with the Trident engined buses and 59 plate Enviro300s.

Stagecoach Wigan basically the same as Ashton with its 56 plates going.

For Disposal;
17860, 20982, 27501, 29724
(02/04/2020 14:10)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  Everyone who concerned that about the April 19th Service Changes will be going ahead or not, can now rest in peace as I can officially let you know that the commercial changes have been suspended until further notice due to Covid 19.

Indeed, this page on the TFGM website informs us "There are no planned service changes in the next month."
https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/service-changes

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)