Current time: 16/06/2024, 13:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
RE: Merseyrail Rail Replacement Buses
(22/09/2014 06:14)MX12CFE Wrote:  Any idea who is running the replacement bus for the Hamilton Square station closure? I will probably use this service to get to the Wirral bus & tram show a week on sunday.

Stagecoach using the Red Tridents
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/09/2014 23:42)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Stagecoach were pretty poor at best, buses leaving St Geroges Hall just a few minutes after the train arrived into town. I fast walked around there and still missed it and the Stagecoach drivers couldn't have been any less bothered. Thankfully the C5 was on hand to get back to Brunswick but I doubt everyone would have been as lucky.

This is a major problem that needs to be sorted for planned engineering work on the South liverpool Line and could be a source of major complaint , if push comes to shove the rail replacement should start from Moorfields enabling easier interchange between bus and train even though the train would continue on to liverpool Central.

St George's Hall and Liverpool Central are just a bit too far apart really.
(22/09/2014 07:21)wirralbus Wrote:  This is a major problem that needs to be sorted for planned engineering work on the South liverpool Line and could be a source of major complaint , if push comes to shove the rail replacement should start from Moorfields enabling easier interchange between bus and train even though the train would continue on to liverpool Central.

St George's Hall and Liverpool Central are just a bit too far apart really.

Couldnt the Rail replacement service go from one of the bus stops on Great charlotte st or Elliott st as these are just roud the corner from central ? Think it used to go from there a few years back.
(22/09/2014 11:14)MX12CFE Wrote:  Couldnt the Rail replacement service go from one of the bus stops on Great charlotte st or Elliott st as these are just roud the corner from central ? Think it used to go from there a few years back.

Had to move from Charlotte st due to the number of buses stopping there, yes I know the stop the buses were using is not used but this is what Merseytravel / council wanted.
(22/09/2014 11:14)MX12CFE Wrote:  Couldnt the Rail replacement service go from one of the bus stops on Great charlotte st or Elliott st as these are just roud the corner from central ? Think it used to go from there a few years back.

They did that when Liverpool Central was closed for refurbishment but that entailed Merseytravel moving services around those bus stops, this was only because the service would be a feature for quite a while , and that the bus would not be stopped for long.

But Liverpool to Hunts Cross bus replacements would entail the bus stopping for a length of time which would not be desirable in that location , im also not sure if there is a traffic regulation order in place to prevent vehicles standing for a short while before departing.
Stopping at St Georges Hall is totally unsuitable for Liverpool Central though, no matter what anyone says. Not even giving people 10 minutes to get off the train and walk directly to that location to get the bus is really poor and has put me off subsequently using the service in the future. What also doesn't help is the buses don't even say which direction they are going, even the Tridents with LEDs were just displaying "Stagecoach Merseyside Rail Replacement" which is completely unsuitable.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Arriva used 4424, 4428, 4531 and 4629 on Southport - Formby rail replacements yesterday afternoon (14/05) following electrical supply problems. There were nowhere near enough buses to handle the loads, with the queue stretching right around Southport station's taxi rank for well over an hour.
(15/05/2016 00:25)507009 Wrote:  Arriva used 4424, 4428, 4531 and 4629 on Southport - Formby rail replacements yesterday afternoon (14/05) following electrical supply problems. There were nowhere near enough buses to handle the loads, with the queue stretching right around Southport station's taxi rank for well over an hour.

It shows how many people are clueless as to what other public transport is available. If I saw a queue like that, first thing I'd do is get to a bus stop and enjoy the same mode of transport in a much less busy and chaotic environment.
(15/05/2016 10:05)Enviro400 Wrote:  It shows how many people are clueless as to what other public transport is available. If I saw a queue like that, first thing I'd do is get to a bus stop and enjoy the same mode of transport in a much less busy and chaotic environment.

If you'd have been at the Monument bus stop at around 17:50 yesterday evening, you'd have witnessed a *very* busy and chaotic environment!
(15/05/2016 12:06)DEM777Y Wrote:  If you'd have been at the Monument bus stop at around 17:50 yesterday evening, you'd have witnessed a *very* busy and chaotic environment!

Indeed. PX58FXK worked the 17.35 from Lord Street to Liverpool yesterday and had to refuse a large number of people.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)