Current time: 26/06/2024, 16:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
As far as I am aware no Go North East vehicles are going to the Olympics. That was the last I heard but someone will probably prove me wrong.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Maroon Unbranded Cadet 8242 out on Highwayman services 97,98 and 98A.
White Unbranded SPD 8158 was out on both Diamond and West Durham Swift services.
Green Unbranded Dart 512 was out on service 5 today.
Angel Branded President 6039 was out on Pronto service X21 for at least two runs out of Newcastle this afternoon.

The branding of the loop solars is now almost complete with 5218 being the last in need of its branding applied. Some Highwayman vehicles will now start to lose their branding ahead of changes commencing at the end of the month. The 63, 64A, 95 and 96 routes will then no longer be part of the Highwayman brand however as no logo has been added to the online timetables I am unsure whether they will form a new brand or be operated by Northern vehicles. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
MAN City Smart Demonstrator, WX12EKO has today been out on Simplicity service 42 today. Photo credited to peter_b2008 on Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N07/7557365528/
(12/07/2012 19:44)Kate Wrote:  MAN City Smart Demonstrator, WX12EKO has today been out on Simplicity service 42 today. Photo credited to peter_b2008 on Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N07/7557365528/

Really, you don't need to keep on making post when the MAN City Smart is going on a different service! It is planned to go on many services, as we all know!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Hasn't the 42 just got new buses?
Angel B7TL/East Lancs Vyking 3966 is now Northern Branded. http://www.flickr.com/photos/76984289@N04/7567539694/
Looking through Flickr I saw a pic of a President on route 9. I would be genuinely surprised if a double-decker went under the Tyne Tunnel on this route. It could make for a spectacular ride!

As there are some route changes from July 29th I shall have to take a little care, as I am spending the week ending July 29th in the area.
(14/07/2012 20:23)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Looking through Flickr I saw a pic of a President on route 9. I would be genuinely surprised if a double-decker went under the Tyne Tunnel on this route. It could make for a spectacular ride!

As there are some route changes from July 29th I shall have to take a little care, as I am spending the week ending July 29th in the area.

Double-Deckers regularly go through the Tyne Tunnel on the 9, however rarely by presidents (as there are only 2 at Percy Main, and they are nearly only ever used on the 327!) by 'Northern' or DFDS branded Lolynes and the occasional 'Yellow Bus' Olympian!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Also, when the 9 first started to go through the Tyne Tunnel it was always Presidents and yes your right it was a very good ride!

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
That is encouraging about fairly frequent double-deckers through the Tyne Tunnel!

I notice that Go North East appear to serve Newcastle Airport on Sundays only, notably on route 74a. I therefore plan to ride it 2 weeks from now. I would thus ride Arriva on route 32 rather than Go North East to maximise variety. I gather Arriva is more frequent than Go North East on that route anyway.

With the changes on July 29th, I am thankful that the SimplyGo website features old and new timetables side by side, so that I have accurate times for my whole week in the area.

I am a bit confused about whether ex-London Volvo B7TL-East Lancs are confined to routes 24/24a or also operate route 21. Wikipedia suggests the former while the simplyGo website suggests the latter. While I am disappointed that the SimplyGo website seems to lack network diagrams (which Arriva and Stagecoach do have), I am impressed that some timetables have pics of buses on the routes!

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)