Current time: 28/06/2024, 08:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wigan Coachways
RE: Wigan Coachways
Surprising to see the F Reg Citybus on the 663 this morniny (a working usually done by N216). The Citybus usually onlyvappears on 600 in the afternoon (usually the 1430 from Leigh).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've heard people (passengers and one of the drivers) on 600 mentioning a new bus next year to run the 600 (possibly the academic year in September), does anyone know if this is true and what will be replaced?
(23/05/2014 18:00)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I've heard people (passengers and one of the drivers) on 600 mentioning a new bus next year to run the 600 (possibly the academic year in September), does anyone know if this is true and what will be replaced?

If it's a new bus for Wigan Coachways it will most definitely not be 'new' haha, probably a cast of B7TL or something like that. Also in terms of buses:

M56AWW usually goes the morning 655 from Golborne Queen Anne to St. John Rigby College via Winstanley, and then it usually does an evening journey from St. John Rigby College to Leigh via Golborne (not stopping at Winstanley) on a 655 I think.

F600GVO usually does a morning 663 service from Tyldesley to St. John Rigby College via Leigh Bus Station and Winstanley College, and then it usually does 'the dinner bus' 600 from St. John Rigby College to Leigh via Winstanley College, then a short 600 to Ashton then does a 600 from Winstanley to Leigh at 16:07, then does a 17:08 Leigh to Wigan 600.

N213TDU, N216TDU and N551VDC either usually do 633s throughout the day, then do the 'dinner bus' 960 from Winstanley College (not stopping at St. John Rigby College) to Wigan, then a short 575 up to Chorley New Road at Horwich, then a 16:35 540 from Bolton to Wigan;

OR! They will do an early bus in the morning from Leigh to St. John Rigby College via Winstanley College, and then do a 14:01 352 to Winstanley College and then back to Wigan, and then a 16:07 departure on a 963 from Winstanley College to Leigh Bus Station, and then a 598 from Leigh back to Wigan. N551VDC is usually found doing this;

OR! They will do not much throughout the day then end up on the 16:07 633 from Winstanley College to Wigan Bus Station. I think the return journey to Winstanley College afterwards has been cancelled now, but don't take my word on it!!!;

OR! One will end up doing the 'late bus' from Tyldesley to St. John Rigby College via Leigh Bus Station and Winstanley College at 08:45AM, and then some 600s throughout the morning.

Finally, T42PVM usually does a morning 963 service from Tyldesley to St. John Rigby College via Leigh Bus Station and Winstanley College, and then does 352s throughout the day from Wigan Bus Station to Winstanley College and vice versa, changing to 633s at 13:00 from Wigan to Winstanley College, then changing later on to do the 'long' 600 from St. John Rigby College to Tyldsley, changing to a 25 at Leigh Bus Station.

These do change, however, and you see the odd appearance of coaches and stuff sometimes on the routes! Smile

Hope this helps!
I see the F-reg Citybus on the Afternoon 600 that leaves Leigh at 1430. I also see a B10M on the 663 leaving around 0905 - 0910 (dependant on how delayed my 34 has been into Leigh).
Just to add a couple of things, the afternoon journey that F600GVO does on 600 from Leigh-Ashton actually starts at Bedford High School grounds.

Also when T42PVM gets to Leigh on its afternoon 600 from St John Rigby College it indeed changes to a 25 to Tyldesley and when it gets to Tyldesley it then goes on to do a 132 Tyldesley-Wigan

Another journey that Wigan Coachways do that I don't think has been mentioned is 11:10 600 Leigh-Wigan which is usually operated by one of the Volvo B10M PS's
How long have they been doing the 621 as first time i seen it the other morning heading into wigan from kitt green.
Thanks for the info, can anyone confirm which parts or if all of the 655 are within System one boundaries? I am trying to get M56AWW.
Has anybody noted F600 GVO out lately? It's usual 600 run is now operated by a B10M
(24/06/2014 19:19)Scania1996 Wrote:  Has anybody noted F600 GVO out lately? It's usual 600 run is now operated by a B10M
It was around Wigan at about 15:00-15:30 yesterday - seen it on the 575 route somewhere, then in Wigan Bus Station! Angel

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Does the Scania ever do any turns on 575?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)