Current time: 01/07/2024, 07:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maytree Travel - Bolton
RE: Maytree Travel - Bolton
(23/07/2012 19:43)Nicholas Wrote:  You can definitely tell the peak journeys to Newton are targeting the college campus.
(23/07/2012 20:00)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i for one think maytree are doing a good job with that route idea, any other time i would be the first to sl*g them of but in this case am going to say i hope it lasts

Certainly are targeting the students given that Leigh 6th form college is based at Leigh Sports Village and one of the journeys to Newton starts from LSV. Does make you wonder why they didn't start in September rather than July.

Maytree do deserve some credit for coming up with route ideas and running them commercially too. From next week, they'll extend the 95 to Bury (restoring the link between Bury and Pendleton lost when 91/92 and 97 were withdrawn), extend the 597 and introduce the new 502/503 circular routes given people in the south west of Bolton (Ladybridge, Deane, Hulton) a direct link to Royal Bolton Hospital.

In the past, they also chose to extend the 553 from Boothstown to Leigh (to complement the eve/Sun 551 service), 559 to Aspull (restoring the old links from the 609) and the 715 to Blackrod (to meet requests from local residents).

I know that Maytree have had some critics but they have some positive things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The 597 peak hour extensions are a good idea although I do think that High Street is a strange start/finish point. I am hopeful that maybe the service might eventually extend to Earlestown at some point in the future.
The 714 (not 715) is tendered between Blackrod and Middlebrook according to the timetable.
(24/07/2012 06:26)Nicholas Wrote:  The 714 (not 715) is tendered between Blackrod and Middlebrook according to the timetable.

Yes, you're right and I did mean 714, not 715 (Bolton-Wigan). Not sure why I put 715 instead of 714 Blush.
Only a few days now, until Maytree takes over Monday to Saturday operations of the 510 service. Arriva have done a great Job in the last 3 and a half years. But I'am confident in Maytree continuing the good work, although I bet my life on it, the drivers are so going to get lost in Ainsworth and Walshaw, still I'll be there to point them in the right direction.
Maytree Travel have been having problems at Bolton Moor Lane this afternoon/evening.

Seems to be vehicle shortages the 551 going to Leigh at 18.20 and 21.45 wasn't running, due to signs up explaining that maytree were short on buses. This is very concerning, considering they are starting new work on Monday, one of which is my route, and I for one would not be happy, if my bus was cancelled due to vehicle shortages.One thing that should be said, i applaud maytree for there commercial growth, but maybe more buses are necessary, to match with increased work, as Id think it highly unlikely arriva and First would suffer vehicle shortages.
I can't speak for Bolton depot but you'd be surprised how short some of the big group's depots actually run! Arriva Wrexham, for example, are running extremely short at the moment with dropped trips on some routes not exactly being a rarity.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(28/07/2012 22:37)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I can't speak for Bolton depot but you'd be surprised how short some of the big group's depots actually run! Arriva Wrexham, for example, are running extremely short at the moment with dropped trips on some routes not exactly being a rarity.

So it would seem, not such a rarity, I'am surprized.Wave
arriva bolton are short but so far are just getting all their services running thats why they got the marshall back and 2400 Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/07/2012 22:50)bolton bus basher Wrote:  arriva bolton are short but so far are just getting all their services running thats why they got the marshall back and 2400 Smile

Well, they will be buses free from Monday, no 510 and no 519s. The driver that did the routes says, he has been moved to days to run 537, 538 541 services etc.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)