Current time: 01/06/2024, 15:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transport for Wales Rail
RE: Transport for Wales Rail
(16/05/2024 23:15)Gordon V Wrote:  And was on Liverpool to Chester's yesterday,16th May
Yesterday the service started with 197016 and 197051. 197051 was swapped out in the afternoon for 197125.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's not good that the announcements on the 197s are in Welsh, then a long pause, then English. I've travelled on the Chester to Liverpool service twice on 197s and both times the service has departed stations before the English language announcements telling you which station you've arrived at kick in. I think Liverpool South Parkway was the only station where the English announcement came through before the doors were shut. Just as well, as they've translated every part of Liverpool South Parkway into a Welsh equivalent!

A few of the Runcorn passengers have been very vocal of their dislike of the announcements.
(17/05/2024 17:58)knutstransport Wrote:  It's not good that the announcements on the 197s are in Welsh, then a long pause, then English. I've travelled on the Chester to Liverpool service twice on 197s and both times the service has departed stations before the English language announcements telling you which station you've arrived at kick in. I think Liverpool South Parkway was the only station where the English announcement came through before the doors were shut. Just as well, as they've translated every part of Liverpool South Parkway into a Welsh equivalent!

A few of the Runcorn passengers have been very vocal of their dislike of the announcements.

Where such journeys are entirely in England, there seems little point even reading out any announcements in Welsh.
(18/05/2024 08:35)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Where such journeys are entirely in England, there seems little point even reading out any announcements in Welsh.

I totally agree
I imagine most of the guards don't speak Welsh, so if they have to give a manual announcement about something like why the train is stuck at a red signal, it'll be English only.
175113 has been moved from Central Rivers Depot to Landore.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)