Current time: 29/06/2024, 08:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
The 98 which was due at Sir Thomas Street at 1720 failed last night (fri).
However at 1717 a 31A came (doesn't even run at that time) and left empty.
A 31 then came about 2 mins later.
Two people waiting for the 98 with impera passes not happy.
They sure know how to lose much needed custom!

What's happening with the 15/16/47?
Asked Merseytravel yesterday and they said they can't tell people they've come off cos they haven't been told by the traffic commissioner or by impera. It's an absolute mess.
Find all posts by this user
I'm sure more excuses will be given in due course.

The thing that puzzles me with all these changes/poor service - is it down to incompetency or survival or just arrogance?

They were only at the traffic commissioner a few months back for defective vehicles.

I suspect Merseytravel will be in contact with VOSA over the issues, and I recommend stranded/delayed customers do so too.

Independent bus operators can really improve areas, but only if they behave properly, which Impera hasn't done since appearing...

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Impera seem to be trying to much to soon just like supertravel as there expansion seems to be getting set in motion before they have the resources to do it with ie:staff levels and amount of servicable veichles to operate the routes,the best way to do it is do one route at a time and expand at a steady pace as the term "throwing ur eggs into one basket" comes to mind as if you expand to quickly and cant fullfil your commitments due to staff levels and problems with veichles then its clearly going to put the public off wanting to catch the service as they dont wanbabe stood there thinking wether the bus is going to turn up or not which makes them turn back to the larger firms which have the resources to operate at a much higher rate.
(10/08/2013 10:29)motormayhem Wrote:  Impera seem to be trying to much to soon just like supertravel as there expansion seems to be getting set in motion before they have the resources to do it with ie:staff levels and amount of servicable veichles to operate the routes,the best way to do it is do one route at a time and expand at a steady pace as the term "throwing ur eggs into one basket" comes to mind as if you expand to quickly and cant fullfil your commitments due to staff levels and problems with veichles then its clearly going to put the public off wanting to catch the service as they dont wanbabe stood there thinking wether the bus is going to turn up or not which makes them turn back to the larger firms which have the resources to operate at a much higher rate.

Ur right - at the end of the day, customers don't care about excuses (driver shortages, training, vehicle shortages blah blah). They buy a pass and should be able to rely on a timetable. A company should only register a service knowing they've got all the resources in place to run them.

And why was that 31A there last night - that's 2 more customers who'll never buy a day ticket again.
If they're not careful, they'll just be carrying free travel passes soon.
To be honest, until they show some reliability I would not buy a pass for this company, It is nit cost effective if people have to get to where they have to go by getting another companies bus.
2511 has been converted to single-door format and has been painted into Impera's new standard livery. It's just awaiting interior work (such as new flooring) before it'll go back onto the road.

The ex-Lothian SPDs are due very soon (hopefully, over the weekend or during next week sometime). They've been fitted with black and white electronic manual destinations and are, apparently, in a superior condition.

The Enviro200, KX59 CXP, returned to Dawsonrentals a day or two ago as 2568 has made it back onto the road.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ive been doing a bit of digging round to find out more about the new SPD's which are arriving, and i found out that 4 52 plate SPD's got withdrawn from lothian fleet at the end of May these being:

SK52 OJR
SK52 OJS
SK52 OJT
SK52 OJU

it could be a possibility that any of these could be arriving.

Quoted on flickr by Stuart Montgomery's Lothian..

Quote:Seen at Ratho terminus Dennis Dart SLF, Plaxton Pointer SPD number 71 (SK52 OJR) is the latest to become VOR and is joined by numbers 72, 73 and 74.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuart_mont...748523794/

Follow me on flickr
Also i have been on Impera's VOSA page and there is no history of the 47, 15 or 16 existing with the company.

Follow me on flickr
Lothian has always been highly praised for there buses and are most sought after when they come on the secondhand market.

I wonder what the seating is like on these Lothian vehicles , after fares , passenger comfort is probably the next on the list of what passengers want .
(17/08/2013 20:33)wirralbus Wrote:  I wonder what the seating is like on these Lothian vehicles , after fares , passenger comfort is probably the next on the list of what passengers want .

Heres a shot of the interior of a lothian dart, they look quite comfy in my opinion, thats if Impera's come like this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuart_mont...3331495339

credit: stuart montgomery

Follow me on flickr
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)