Current time: 29/05/2024, 03:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ScotRail
RE: ScotRail
Electrification of the line to Whifflet has seen it amalgamated into the Argyll Line, trains terminating at Dalmuir. Units used are normally Class 318 or 320.
As a result of this trains from Lanark to Glasgow now terminate at Glasgow Central, bringing the previously rare sight of Class 320s to Central.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/07/2015 15:28)childwallblues Wrote:  Electrification of the line to Whifflet has seen it amalgamated into the Argyll Line, trains terminating at Dalmuir. Units used are normally Class 318 or 320.
As a result of this trains from Lanark to Glasgow now terminate at Glasgow Central, bringing the previously rare sight of Class 320s to Central.

A few 314s have also made it to Lanark since the service moved to the high level of Glasgow Central, something unheard of since this class transferred away from the Argyle and North Clyde lines back in 1999.
Visited Glasgow yesterday. The Glasgow Central to Lanark service was mainly 318/320 operated except also a pair of 380s 380003 and 380011.

Could anybody tell me what units operate on the Inverclyde Line please?
(15/07/2015 12:49)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Could anybody tell me what units operate on the Inverclyde Line please?

By Inverclyde I assume that you mean Glasgow Central to Ayr, Largs, Ardrossan, Gourock and Wemyss Bay. These routes are dominated by Class 380 but there are regular workings to Gourock by 314s.

(15/07/2015 17:40)childwallblues Wrote:  By Inverclyde I assume that you mean Glasgow Central to Ayr, Largs, Ardrossan, Gourock and Wemyss Bay. These routes are dominated by Class 380 but there are regular workings to Gourock by 314s.

Yeah that's what I mean. Thanks for that - I'm planning to take a trip up to Glasgow in the near future so I was just wondering what stock to expect on those routes

The Class 380 is on my "to do" list so I'm looking forward to that
Inverclyde refers to the Gourock and Wemyss Bay lines, while Ayr, Largs and Ardrossan are Ayrshire. There are several 314 workings between the peaks to Gourock and a return trip to Wemyss Bay in the evening peak. One 314 is booked to spend the night at the Bay also. The rest are 380s as Childwall says.
The new Hitachi AT200 units for ScotRail have been designated Class 385
Here is a pic of some damage to the Highland Mainline between Dunkeld and Birnam and Pitlochry caused by the Storm Frank. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXkSNBzWAAQZhAm.png it is very extensive
(06/07/2015 05:34)childwallblues Wrote:  Not previously reported on this forum was the accident to 156478 which hit a flood near Mauchline whilst working the 2212 Glasgow Central to Carlisle on 21 December 2014. Despite attempts to repair the unit the damage was so severe that the unit has been withdrawn. This was one of the units fitted with RETB equipment for working the West Highland line.
156478 previously owned by Angel Trains has been bought by Brodie Engineering, Kilmarnock. It is being rebuilt and should return to service with Scot Rail in April. Technically Brodies will become a ROSCO.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)