Current time: 23/06/2024, 02:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review
(27/06/2016 14:37)r411 xfl Wrote:  Looks like eccleston have lost the sunday service full stop with 194/195 took off

Bleak Hill Road will have the Rainford service (very sensibly renumbered 38A), area unserved Evenings & Sundays from Bleak Hill Road/Kiln Lane to Griffin Inn, Burrows Lane unserved completely at all times between Gillars Green Drive and the Wellington (no mention of this in the description at the top of the document unlike Liverpool Road).

Also we see the last vestiges of the 22 being withdrawn in the withdrawal of the 121/122. The 22 had ran for 50 years before Arriva scrapped it in 2006.

On a more positive note, the link between Knowsley Road and the Town Centre via Boundary Road and Duke Street returns on a 2 hourly basis with the introduction of the 153 - again prior to Arriva's 2006 changes, this corridor enjoyed 4 buses per hour daytime and hourly evenings/Sundays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like Eccelston will be served by the 38 thats going down Kiln Lane and up Bleak Hill Road, Other Changes are:

12 St Helens - Ravenhead Retail Park
Service starts earlier and finishes earlier

17B St Helens - Widnes
Service re-numbered 17 and will operate hourly on Sundays starting at 8am, Does not say who will operate it

20 St Helens - Earlstown
Frequency reduced to every 30 mins (Currently every 20)

30/30E Chain Lane - Sutton Mannor
New Service replacing the 33 and 36, Frequency is every 20 mins Monday - Saturday Daytime (improvement for Chain Lane) Evening and Sundays hourly and will run between St Helens and Chain Lane only (Think it will interwork with the 33)

32 Clinkham Wood - Sutton Mannor
Will run every 20 mins all day, Evening Service will be hourly to Sutton Mannor and hourly to Clock Face, Route also changed so it no longer serves Four Acre

32A Clinkham Wood - Clock Face
Will run every 20 mins all day

33 St Helens - Sutton Mannor
Will run between St Helens and Sutton Heath only (St Helens - Sutton Mannor section replaced by the 30), Frequency reduced to every 15 Mins (Currently every 10 Mins) Evening Service introduced running hourly to replace the 196 in that area (Think the 33 evening will interwork with the 30E) I also think residents of Sutton Heath and Thatto Heath will not be happy with them losing their link to St Helens Hospital

34 St Helens - Leigh/Newton-Le-Willows
Sunday Service will operate Hourly

34A St Helens - Vulcan Village
Evening and Sunday Service introduced running hourly

35/35A/35E Gillars Green - St Helens Junction
35 is re-routed to go via the 35A route (Ellison Drive ect) Service will operate every 20 mins
35A is Withdrawn
35E Evening and Sunday Service introduced running every 30 mins

36 St Helens - Chain Lane
Withdrawn, Replaced by the 30/30E

37 St Helens - Eccelston
Service re-routed to serve Chapel Lane, Springfield Lane, Walmsley Road and Gunners Lane

38 St Helens - Rainford
Service re-routed to Service Kiln Lane and Bleak Hill Road, Evening and Sunday Service Service introduced running hourly an numbered 38A, will go same route as 356 and go via Kiln Lane and Bleak Hill road

60 St Helens - Hard Lane
Evening and Sunday Service introduced running hourly, Does not say who will operate it tho

111 Parr - Lea Green
Service Withdrawn

121/122 Gillars Green - Clock Face/Bold
Services Withdrawn

137/138 Billinge - Prescot
137 will only operate between St Helens and Billinge and 138 is Withdrawn

139 St Helens - Liverpool
Service re-routed to go via Ealton Head Road and Nutgrove Hall Drive

140 St Helens - Bold Heath
Evening and Sunday Service introduced but with a twist, Same route from St Helens to Gartons Lane and will then continue to Ranhill Railway Station via Jubits Lane and Warrington Road (Think this Service should of been given a different number to avoid confusion) Does not say who will operate it

141 St Helens - Newton-Le-Willows
Service will only operate between St Helens and Earlstown Bus Station (i Assume this has been done to keep a round trip under an hour so 1 Bus can do this since the 36 is Withdrawn)

147 St Helens - St Helens Junction
Service Withdrawn

152 St Helens - Rainford/Ormskirk
All Buses will go to Ormskirk, Service reduced to every 2 hours

153 St Helens - Norley Drive
Service introduced every 2 hours via Knowsley road replacing the 137/138 on Pinfold Estate (Can see residents there being angry as they currently have an every half hour Service and some residents use the 137/138 to shop at the Tesco in Prescot) This Service must interwork with something but not clear what, Maybe the 152 at a guess?

156 St Helens - Garswood
Service re-routed to Serve Haydock Industrial Estate, Service extended from Garswood to Ashton in Makerfield, Monday - Saturday Daytime Service is extended from St Helens to Waterside Village (Does not say how it will get there) Am almost certain Arriva will operate the Evening and Sunday Service

194/195 St Helens - Prescot
Services are Withdrawn

196 St Helens - Prescot
Service Withdrawn

289 Rainhill Railway Station - Prescot
Service extended to Rainhill Stoops, Service will run hourly

602 Ashton in Makerfield - Newton Hospital
Daytime Service will run via Haydock Industrial Estate, Earlestown, Newton Community Hospital, Newton-le-Willows Station and Ashton Road. Evening/Sunday Service remains the same

603 Ashton in Makerfield - Newton Hospital
Service will run via via Ashton Road, Newton- Le-Willows Station, Newton Community Hospital, Earlestown &Haydock Industrial Estate. Garswood and Crow Lane East will no longer be Served

920 St Helens - Haydock Industrial Estate
Dinnertime and evening trips are Withdrawn, partly replaced by the 156

A10 St Helens Circular
Service Withdrawn

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
My understanding is that the 35 will still run through to St Helens Junction in the daytime, avenging/Sundays St Helens - Gillars Green only.
Your right, Must of miss understood when i looked the first time, will correct my post now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Dont know how true it is but its said the 156 will serve tesco , b+q(retail park) , sherdley park , lea green then waterside village but please don't quote me on that yet.
That sounds like a good route, hopefully people take advantage of it more so the people who live on that side of St Helens and work in Haydock

A few more thoughts on the areas that will no longer be served by bus. Dunriding Lane (Evenings & Sundays), parts of Grange Park and Eccleston Park will only have daytime only services. Also if I have read this correctly, Gaskell Street in Parr will also lose all services/

Also quite a few cross town links have been lost - services on Prescot Road will all only be terminating in the Town Centre (currently the 33 (daytime) and 121 (Evenings & Sundays)) run through to Sutton Manor(33) and Bold via Parr, St Helens Junction and Clock Face (121).
I'm making no guesses as to who is operating what yet. I presume Hattons will have the Evening & Sunday 60, 140 & 141 as compensation for not running the 121/122. Ideally Halton should run the Evening/Sunday 17 as it generally starts/finishes on their doorstep and probably makes it easier to organise the Quality Partnership. That's another thought - it will be the St Helens - Sutton Manor section on the 30, not the 33 which will now be part of the partnership.
Can I just ask everyone to think a bit before they post as some of us (such as myself) actually work for one of the affected companies and this is more than just a route shake up for us, this is our money providing jobs we are talking about. While Hatton's are losing out, HTL are too so I don't see what difference it makes if the 17 is operated from Huyton (which is just 10-15 minutes away by the Linkway, and 10 minutes from Widnes) or Hatton's, who will be based up in Haydock anyway.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(27/06/2016 20:46)St Helens Rider Wrote:  A few more thoughts on the areas that will no longer be served by bus. Dunriding Lane (Evenings & Sundays), parts of Grange Park and Eccleston Park will only have daytime only services.
Grange Park & Eccleston Park are still served by the 89 and anything the 196 served is within 5 minutes walking distance of either that or the 10 so I don't really see it as a major issue.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)