Current time: 16/09/2024, 19:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(27/08/2024 15:34)507022 Wrote:  It seems that the days of the 507s may have come to an end, apart from the 507 Finale tour next month. There have been no 507s out since 507001 and 507029 on Sunday, and Merseytravel want them stood down.
Fortunately there have been enough 777s to cover all the diagrams.

Shame was hoping to have one last run on 507001 as close to the end as possible

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/08/2024 15:34)507022 Wrote:  It seems that the days of the 507s may have come to an end, apart from the 507 Finale tour next month. There have been no 507s out since 507001 and 507029 on Sunday, and Merseytravel want them stood down.
Fortunately there have been enough 777s to cover all the diagrams.

Shame they aren’t as hasty at getting the stations still without ‘step free access’ sorted out, a number of which still exist on the Chester line. No point getting new trains into service if they aren’t accessible from the platform in the first place, not sure how this sits with the modern days rules around accessibility and how they are able to get away with it.
(27/08/2024 17:54)DVG526 Wrote:  Shame they aren’t as hasty at getting the stations still without ‘step free access’ sorted out, a number of which still exist on the Chester line. No point getting new trains into service if they aren’t accessible from the platform in the first place, not sure how this sits with the modern days rules around accessibility and how they are able to get away with it.

Which stations are you referring to?
I thought all the platforms now had level access!
(27/08/2024 16:12)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Shame was hoping to have one last run on 507001 as close to the end as possible

There is always a chance some 507s may be drafted into service if on some days there aren’t enough 777s to cover, but time will tell!
(27/08/2024 21:00)507022 Wrote:  Which stations are you referring to?
I thought all the platforms now had level access!

Green Lane, Rock Ferry, Port Sunlight, Spital at least don’t have ‘step free access’

Not entirely sure about any others specifically on the Chester line however I believe there are still several other stations on the network that are not compliant.
(28/08/2024 00:39)DVG526 Wrote:  Green Lane, Rock Ferry, Port Sunlight, Spital at least don’t have ‘step free access’

Not entirely sure about any others specifically on the Chester line however I believe there are still several other stations on the network that are not compliant.

Apologies, I thought you were referring to step free access from platform to train
507010 and 507017 have been withdrawn
507010/017 are booked to leave Birkenhead North at 0459 on Monday.
(28/08/2024 09:39)507022 Wrote:  Apologies, I thought you were referring to step free access from platform to train

No problem. When Merseyrail quote ‘this station has step free access’ it refers to the actual access to the platform from the street, not platform to train. On this count the Chester line is a very poor performer. Certain stations, Port Sunlight and Spital in particular also have very poor bus connectivity which essentially makes them very difficult areas for less abled people to access by public transport.
507016 has been withdrawn

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)