Current time: 29/05/2024, 05:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
I doubt it, I think JPT will always have a presence in the area given they are based in Middleton but you have to imagine the situation like a game of roulette, First have a hell of a lot more chips than JPT.

I know the former owner of Speedwell Bus in Hyde, and from conversations we had at the time he took on First I can say the amount of money an independent needs to throw at it compared to a large well established company are huge.
Another important factor is who is actually traveling on the bus. When the concessionary changes came into effect in Manchester a bus full of OAPs or school kids won't pay for a commercial service, it's the adult single/day/week/ monthly revenue that create the best income!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
well on the middleton- rochdale part of the route people will still be thinking, now will this last or will it no so if it lasts a while some people will try it and if they like it they will use it and one advantage is first lowered their day/weekly tickets for that route only however JPT lowered it to the same price for ALL their network so JPT have a few advantages

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
No JPT did lower there day and weekly tickets for a couple of weeks across their network, but now their only available on that service!
oh right, was un aware of that but JPT have more more advantage and that is bev bell has not recently fined them for running late

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Your throwing everything at this arnt you Smile

I would thing the majority of passengers wouldn't know who Beverly Bell is, let alone that First had been fined for being unable to run a reliable bus service.
yea as am not the biggest fan of first but JPT are one of only 2 companys i have full respect for (SLT being the 2nd) but did the thing not make it into local papers? if not its something that should of as passengers should be kept informed with both possitive and negative issues with bus companys

Any action taken by the traffic commissioner should be noted via Notices and Proceedings (someone correct me if I'm wrong there?). There's absolutely no need for that kind of information to make it into local papers and that's an absurd suggestion. The information is publicly available for those who are actually bothered. As an aside, most passengers wouldn't care if they were informed of it. Give it to the press however and it'd be sensationalised in a way that would be damaging to the company and that, is not something that seems particularly appropriate to be suggesting.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Spot on CX54. Info on fines to be bigger players is very readily available in enthusiast magasines too.

For examples, Route-One and Buses both reported that Stagecoach Merseyside were to be called to a Public Enquiry, and reported again when they were 'aquitted' on all charges.

While I'm here - I can't make head nor tail of BBBs contribution on this page, will someone gve me a run down please?
how do i get to that and the depot sales of chester, birkenhead and wigan made it into mags and a few papers am told

It did make it into the press. The Manchester Evening News is very anti public transport and took great delight in publishing the story, although I don't think the 17/18 were mentioned, even so most people take little notice - they still have to get to work etc.
Incidentally, the MEN even published a story when First last increased their fares!!

Although going back a few years now, but when UK North first hit the headlines people still used their services!

Although lets not forget JPT had some bad press last year when one of their drivers drove a bus drunk which crashed into a shop, did that put passengers off travelling with them Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)