Current time: 04/06/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Link Network (MD Bus & Coach)
RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach)
(28/02/2019 12:29)darylyates17 Wrote:  I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Link Network?
That is a VERY quick conclusion to come to when they have cancelled 1 service. The 110 has been hit with a lot of extra competition over the past year so it has likely just become unviable over time. The 32X, extra buses on the 110, Arriva playing silly sods on the route and then, though it may not have made a big difference, the X5 in Halton View might have taken one or two passengers who would have used the 110 to connect at Widnes for Liverpool, they now get the direct bus.

The route was mostly passes anyway so if you take away a few of them, you find the route suddenly becoming unviable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I wonder if they are going to put more resources into the 329. Although not direct competition, Hatton's 141 goes down to every 2 hours from around the same time, so perhaps extra resources between St Helens and Burtonwood may be what they are doing. Alternatively, one wonders if they have won some contracts from the St Helens Bus Review. The changes from this come into effect at the same time. All these are possibilities.
Link Networks 329 is going half hourly from 28th April

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02019).pdf

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
One thing that’s confusing me atm are the 2 ex Fairbrothers Solos as they are not in the standard livery will they be sold when the 110 is dropped or will they eventually get repainted?
(19/03/2019 22:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  Link Networks 329 is going half hourly from 28th April

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02019).pdf

Thanks for posting. Interesting that the first few journeys from St Helens start from Broad Oak Road and as far as I can tell, run into St Helens first thus doing a double run. Also surprised that they haven't attempted a Saturday service.
(20/03/2019 14:23)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Thanks for posting. Interesting that the first few journeys from St Helens start from Broad Oak Road and as far as I can tell, run into St Helens first thus doing a double run. Also surprised that they haven't attempted a Saturday service.

If they want to actually attract a lot of fare paying Passengers they need a Saturday service as most people travel at least 6 days a week

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Judging by the timings, Link Network's 329 is quite a bit faster than Arriva's...
Good that they will still have more-or-less an even headway, rather than trying to run in front of each other.

Hope the fleet gets back to its former smart and professional image soon.
Hi

Noted in Croft this morning on the associated Limos North West 520 Winstanley College service in place of the usual coach was a silver Optare Tempo, YJ56WVY if my memory is correct. Presume this is a recent addition to the Link Network fleet.

Jeff
(21/03/2019 08:38)jeff1637 Wrote:  Hi

Noted in Croft this morning on the associated Limos North West 520 Winstanley College service in place of the usual coach was a silver Optare Tempo, YJ56WVY if my memory is correct. Presume this is a recent addition to the Link Network fleet.

Jeff

This was with Essex operator Regal Busways of Great Wakering, who went out of business late in 2017.
The 522 is the Link Winstanley unless they have won more. Rainhill Stoops via most of St Helens and Rainford? It then runs the 352A and then does the 09:23 329.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)