Current time: 11/06/2024, 00:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(05/07/2012 17:11)V671 DVU Wrote:  Cheers Danny, do you know if there was a fault which caused it to leave Runcorn?

Dont think so mate, I think it was intended as a replacement for 7632, however with 7632 being fixed much quicker than first expected, it was sent to St Helens I believe. Thats my understanding anyway!

(05/07/2012 17:34)CX54 DKD Wrote:  On the suggestion that 4 Solos would head to LS for recently won contracts which may require smaller vehicles, there's none free anywhere so something would have to go wherever such vehicles come from in return.

People always say the Solos at St Helens are too small for the majority of routes...
I doubt they will have been dropped, that is of course if they were on the official order books in the first place! If they were though, I expect they'll turn up elsewhere. However surely if they do turn up elsewhere, won't one end up having dual purpose seats seeing as it will have been taken from the Runcorn order?
Find all posts by this user
(05/07/2012 17:39)K853 MTJ Wrote:  People always say the Solos at St Helens are too small for the majority of routes...
I doubt they will have been dropped, that is of course if they were on the official order books in the first place! If they were though, I expect they'll turn up elsewhere. However surely if they do turn up elsewhere, won't one end up having dual purpose seats seeing as it will have been taken from the Runcorn order?
I personally think they're ideal for what they operate now - the 312 and the 35/A - but I'm sure others would indeed disagree upon that. Other than those routes though, yes, they're largely unsuitable. The thing is, as 58 plate vehicles, if they were transferred out and replaced with the likes of further Darts, that would again be a hugely innapropriate swap and I'd personally say unfair upon St Helens based passengers. If Solos were to go from any garage, theoretically of course, then I'd expect appropriately aged vehicles to transfer to those garages in return.

If they were on the original order, then I suspect the reduction in garage allocations for them may have been decided for a while so it may be the case that the one Runcorn should have received is to standard spec. Otherwise, I suppose it would be an added bonus for the garage it turned up at!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(05/07/2012 17:39)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(05/07/2012 17:11)V671 DVU Wrote:  Cheers Danny, do you know if there was a fault which caused it to leave Runcorn?

Dont think so mate, I think it was intended as a replacement for 7632, however with 7632 being fixed much quicker than first expected, it was sent to St Helens I believe. Thats my understanding anyway!

Cheers mate, much appreciated! Won't be surprised if they need another one before long, with 7632 and 2419 being off the road AGAIN.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(05/07/2012 17:46)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(05/07/2012 17:39)K853 MTJ Wrote:  People always say the Solos at St Helens are too small for the majority of routes...
I personally think they're ideal for what they operate now - the 312 and the 35/A - but I'm sure others would indeed disagree upon that. Other than those routes though, yes, they're largely unsuitable. The thing is, as 58 plate vehicles, if they were transferred out and replaced with the likes of further Darts, that would again be a hugely innapropriate swap and I'd personally say unfair upon St Helens based passengers. If Solos were to go from any garage, theoretically of course, then I'd expect appropriately aged vehicles to transfer to those garages in return.

If they were on the original order, then I suspect the reduction in garage allocations for them may have been decided for a while so it may be the case that the one Runcorn should have received is to standard spec. Otherwise, I suppose it would be an added bonus for the garage it turned up at!

The solos are not bad for the 35 and the 312 like CX54 says the 35 doesn't tend to get busy which means darts can onto other routes!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
(05/07/2012 17:51)V671 DVU Wrote:  
(05/07/2012 17:39)K853 MTJ Wrote:  

Cheers mate, much appreciated! Won't be surprised if they need another one before long, with 7632 and 2419 being off the road AGAIN.

See Runcorn thread, Ill reply there so I can have a good rant ;P
(05/07/2012 17:05)K101HUM Wrote:  7633/5 remain on the fleetlists on the site, hence the approx 6 with the allowance on one of the following to have found pastures new. Given the current list with 7558, 2324/5 & 7642 and 10 Myllenniums, there remains still a clear shortfall.

Sorry K101 HUM, fleetlist hasn't been recently updated. Should be getting done shortly!

2421 & 2432 are now also here, in the revised livery.

Is 7558 back here, as I have not seen it around?
Seen a Gemini heading down the M62 around half 7 this morning towards Manchester displaying "Mersey Ferries" any ideas?
With recent arrivals, there are now 30 X reg Cadets here (only one not here is 2419, and looking at the Runcorn thread that is a good thing!) and 1 07 reg (2641 of course).

Not sure on that one myself ste, very early time for it to be on the Mersey Ferries contract.
About 1600 I seen a interurban Marshall on Duke Street with a fitter any ideas it's heading for depot
And I guess the pulsar returned to st helens
2699 did indeed return to Jackson Street by yesterday morning as per my posts in the St Helens thread.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)