Current time: 17/09/2024, 15:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Yellow Duckmarine
RE: The Yellow Duckmarine
This sounds to me like the operating company is trying to place the blame elsewhere , but i think with two sinkings so close to together that people even if they was to start up again would be doubtful now .

Whose doing the inquiry into this sinking VOSA or MAIB.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It happened on water, therefore its a MAIB investigation.
(18/06/2013 12:15)wirralbus Wrote:  This sounds to me like the operating company is trying to place the blame elsewhere , but i think with two sinkings so close to together that people even if they was to start up again would be doubtful now .

Whose doing the inquiry into this sinking VOSA or MAIB.

Seems ironic that barge owners came to the rescue of the sinking Duckmarine after it wrecked its underside on a discarded tyre.

I'd love to know where the tyre came from.
It just seems strange that since the Leeds-Liverpool canal was extended to include the Pier Head, Albert and Salthouse Docks that such a serious accident should occur.

I'm not blaming the barge owners for the discarded tyre, but it does make you wonder...
I usually do daft jokes, but this ain't funny, so let's be sensible about this, lads. They are / were a good reliable company and in more than 10 years had only 2 recorded accidents (that I know of). It may very well be 2 too many, but they had become part of the street (and water) scene of the city. According to Radio Merseyside they had carried over 1 000 000 passengers without a problem. I have been on the tours themselves and would go on them again. Personally, I hope they get things rectified and start running again. Good luck to them!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
(18/06/2013 22:04)Mal Wrote:  I usually do daft jokes, but this ain't funny, so let's be sensible about this, lads. They are / were a good reliable company and in more than 10 years had only 2 recorded accidents (that I know of). It may very well be 2 too many, but they had become part of the street (and water) scene of the city. According to Radio Merseyside they had carried over 1 000 000 passengers without a problem. I have been on the tours themselves and would go on them again. Personally, I hope they get things rectified and start running again. Good luck to them!

Mal

2011 There was 2 incidents where the wheel had snapped off the bus and simply rolled down the road. One of these was outside St Georges Hall (I do have a photo of this), I'm not too sure why, but I believe the other was towards China Town on the tour.
I remember the one near st georges hall as it was sat in tge middle of the road for a while.
(19/06/2013 07:21)motormayhem Wrote:  I remember the one near st georges hall as it was sat in tge middle of the road for a while.

I remember one breaking down there and they had to roll it all the way back to get it out of the way.
The company that owns these tours has gone into administration, reported on the BBC.
(21/06/2013 18:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The company that owns these tours has gone into administration, reported on the BBC.

Here's the link for anyone wanting to read it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-mer...e-23009846
Could be a surprising redeployment for the DUKWs here :- http://www.otsnews.co.uk/yellow-duck-mar...southport/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)