Current time: 26/06/2024, 14:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Work to rule is unofficially began at Northern for both drivers and guards after the issues surrounding the pay deal. I see this only getting worse in the short term. Depot shift managers must be having a terrible time at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
(30/10/2014 21:26)jtd508110 Wrote:  Work to rule is unofficially began at Northern for both drivers and guards after the issues surrounding the pay deal. I see this only getting worse in the short term. Depot shift managers must be having a terrible time at the moment.

Thanks for explaining this - did seem strange to have the same level of disruption on both evenings.
319380 working 5Z23 Driver Training to Crewe today.
(30/10/2014 21:26)jtd508110 Wrote:  Work to rule is unofficially began at Northern for both drivers and guards after the issues surrounding the pay deal. I see this only getting worse in the short term. Depot shift managers must be having a terrible time at the moment.

I'm not sure where you got that information, but it isn't correct.

ASLEF have balloted Northern Drivers for strike action though.

SD.
(28/10/2014 20:26)childwallblues Wrote:  Possibility an overstatement. There are over 70 drivers at Lime Street alone to be trained, plus those from Wigan Wallgate and Manchester Victoria who have will have to come to Liverpool for their training.

There are over 100 Drivers at Lime St, not all will be trained initially though.

SD.
(09/11/2014 14:11)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  There are over 100 Drivers at Lime St, not all will be trained initially though.

SD.

Thank you. I new that you would correct me although technically I was correct.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Initially about 40 Drivers are being trained.

SD.
(09/11/2014 14:10)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  I'm not sure where you got that information, but it isn't correct.

ASLEF have balloted Northern Drivers for strike action though.

SD.

As I said - "unofficially". I got that from a Northern Guard who said that RDW is beginning to be frowned upon certainly at his depot. I guess that it will be different with it being the last pay packet before Christmas soon.
Not where I work it isn't.

SD.
He does work at a Manchester depot so there may be differences from individual depots, but from the number of services I see cancelled for no driver or guard, there must be some truth in what he's saying.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)