Current time: 26/06/2024, 14:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(11/09/2014 19:55)R311 WVR Wrote:  319363 arrived today solo, Running on it's own Power from Wolverton to Allerton.

319363 came up the down slow line from Ditton arriving in Platform 4 at Liverpool South Parkway. It then proceeded to Allerton West Junction before reversing into the Depot.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
I had heard that the plan is to use 2 out of the 3 of the 319's in service with a Dmu doing the 3rd diagram .

The training programme should have been completed for the traincrews by then I suppose .
There are rumors that the project to electrify the chat moss will be delayed. Also more than 4 x 319s are to be up in dec apparently. There is already 3 at AN with 319380 arriving today although I heard that this is only on loan for training.
The Chat Moss Line is already electrified between the West Coast Main line and Ordsall Lane , are you sure its not the section from Ordsall Lane into Manchester Victoria as there has been a few signal sighting issues caused by the OHLE.
I read somewhere recently that Network Rail hopes to have Chat Moss energised by November, so this is the first I've heard of any delays. Looking around, work does appear to be more advanced on the Huyton - Wigan line with the overhead line already in place around Garswood- Bryn. On the Earlestown - Huyton line, the overhead gantries are only just in place at St Helens Junction.
As I said its only rumor stage but there are lots of gaps in OHL that still need to be wired. The rumor was suggested on another railway forum
Will the 319's be painted into Northern livery before they enter service?

2948 - 2949 - 2950 - 2951 - 2952 - 2953
MX09 LXT - MX09 LXU - MX09 LXV - MX09 LXW - MX09 LXY - MX09 LXZ
A 319 (Not sure which one) worked from Allerton-Crewe-Allerton this morning on driver training runs.
A good question to ask regarding the Liverpool Lime St - Liverpool South Parkway extension of the Blackpool North service , would this not be better as a standalone service.
As far as I understand, the Liverpool South Parkway - Blackpool North will continue to run with Diesels until Blackpool - Preston is wired - there are no plans to split/curtail the service which I assume includes down to LSP.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)