Current time: 28/09/2024, 22:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington Coachways
RE: Warrington Coachways
(26/02/2014 21:50)John I Wrote:  Y384 LCS seen in Altrincham today about 4.45pm on route 38 showing Springfield's as the owner.

Its been with the firm for A few months now
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/02/2014 23:16)Valandil Wrote:  
(26/02/2014 21:50)John I Wrote:  Y384 LCS seen in Altrincham today about 4.45pm on route 38 showing Springfield's as the owner.

Is this just their not having updated the paintwork yet, or were there 'on hire to' notices in the windows?
Possibly not having the paintwork undated. Could not see 'on hire' notice on windscreen because of of route number and destination board resting on dashboard against the windscreen.
Does anyone out there know if Bennett's have still got all these Primos??

MX55 WDS
MX06 ADZ
YN06 CYE
YX06 LJY
SF06 LLG
MX07 JPO
SF07 DMU
HIG 7791
BU08 ACY
BU08 ACZ
BU08 ADX
YX58 FPP
SF59 BXU
YX60 BZM

Something, something, something Dart Side...
Yesterday afternoon's 37/38 service was a complete disaster. The 16:45 and 17:30 departures off Altrincham didn't appear (apparently, taken-off so that the drivers could do other duties) and the 18:15 didn't operate as the Howards Plaxton Dart ran out of fuel in Altrincham. After two hours of waiting, the regular woman driver did the 18:45 off Altrincham (with the Transit) and was a pleasure to speak to. If only all of their drivers and staff had the same attitude as her...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/03/2014 09:19)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Yesterday afternoon's 37/38 service was a complete disaster. The 16:45 and 17:30 departures off Altrincham didn't appear (apparently, taken-off so that the drivers could do other duties) and the 18:15 didn't operate as the Howards Plaxton Dart ran out of fuel in Altrincham. After two hours of waiting, the regular woman driver did the 18:45 off Altrincham (with the Transit) and was a pleasure to speak to. If only all of their drivers and staff had the same attitude as her...

I saw their Transit for the first time yesterday.
Confusingly, the destination board was less conspicuous than its adverts for use on airport transfers and the like, making it look more like a private hire.
Well I didn't see this coming!
Coachways has just announced investment in seven new state-of-the-art Enviro 800H buses for use on the 37/38 and new service 339B, as part of the government's Green Bus Fund.
They are also opening a new depot in Altrincham with a view to expansion into Manchester, and are training an extra nine drivers over the coming two years.

You can see the announcement here:
http://tinyurl.com/mw5b34f
(01/04/2014 08:12)Valandil Wrote:  Well I didn't see this coming!
Coachways has just announced investment in seven new state-of-the-art Enviro 800H buses for use on the 37/38 and new service 339B, as part of the government's Green Bus Fund.
They are also opening a new depot in Altrincham with a view to expansion into Manchester, and are training an extra nine drivers over the coming two years.

You can see the announcement here:
http://tinyurl.com/mw5b34f

April fools??
Will the Enviro 800H have the fleet number 1414 by any chance? Hehehe!
Haha April Fools,,,didnt believe a word of it!!!
(23/03/2014 19:57)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  Does anyone out there know if Bennett's have still got all these Primos??

MX55 WDS
MX06 ADZ
YN06 CYE
YX06 LJY
SF06 LLG
MX07 JPO
SF07 DMU
HIG 7791
BU08 ACY
BU08 ACZ
BU08 ADX
YX58 FPP
SF59 BXU
YX60 BZM
MX55 WDS is currently in service (was on the 37/38 today with Transit SG11 UPL, ex-Howards Dart Y384 LCS and a now-unbranded Hatton's M89 DEW). Apart from that, I noticed eight of them parked in their depot today in bad conditions - from what I can remember, they were MX06 ADZ, YN06 CYE, YX06 LJY, MX07 JPO, HIG 7791, plus one with green branding, one with blue branding and one plain white. SF06 LLG isn't a Primo - it's a Mercedes minibus. For the record, I haven't seen that on the 37/38 for a while and it wasn't in the depot this afternoon, although it may have been out in use on other duties. Hope this helps somehow!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)