Current time: 23/06/2024, 02:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(04/05/2016 15:32)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I didn't think there were that many differences between the two classes but I do know one of the differences between them - the Class 319s have General Electric traction motors and the slightly more powerful Class 321s have Brush traction motors. I'm not sure on any of the other differences between the two classes though

To the best of my knowledge, the 319's have the same braking system and compressor as a 321, but the 319's have a motor alternator and an older thyristor based control system compared to a 321. I think the main issue with the 319's is the fact they've been messed with by Porterbrook and Northern Rail before they were sent North. It speaks volumes that sets are being sent to Allerton for door issues which pretty much never happened down south.
Find all posts by this user
(05/05/2016 00:04)jtd508110 Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge, the 319's have the same braking system and compressor as a 321, but the 319's have a motor alternator and an older thyristor based control system compared to a 321. I think the main issue with the 319's is the fact they've been messed with by Porterbrook and Northern Rail before they were sent North. It speaks volumes that sets are being sent to Allerton for door issues which pretty much never happened down south.

You don't know what Porterbrook and Northern Rail fiddled with by any chance?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
They fitted door controls at every door in the saloon and fitted new traction cards.
I went for the 0916 Airport yesterday morning. It was cancelled as was the 0920 to Victoria. As I had a Wayfarer valid from NLW I had to buy a single on the 0912 TPE to Victoria (which was new livery 185123). There were 2 x 319 in the sidings at Victoria.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Today's 319 failure (so far) is 319380 which lead to the 0716 Lime St-Man Air and return being cancelled
(05/05/2016 09:26)childwallblues Wrote:  I went for the 0916 Airport yesterday morning. It was cancelled as was the 0920 to Victoria. As I had a Wayfarer valid from NLW I had to buy a single on the 0912 TPE to Victoria (which was new livery 185123). There were 2 x 319 in the sidings at Victoria.

One of the 319s in the siding was one of the 3 319 failures already mentioned yesterday
I think it maybe time that the flagship Manchester Airport - Liverpool service probably went back to diesel operation until such time as the 319's can prove a bit more trouble free.

Cancelling Manchester Airport services in the long term will result in a loss of confidence that people will be able to get to Manchester Airport trouble free.
Signal failure at Huyton this afternoon - 1530 Preston - South Parkway presently held at Wogan.
There is services dotted all around the network because of this signalling difficulties , this is problem with the signalling between Roby and Broad Green.

I think what has happened is what is termed as a Network stop to prevent any more units being trapped in the problem and to enable some form of service recovery where possible.
(05/05/2016 14:59)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Signal failure at Huyton this afternoon - 1530 Preston - South Parkway presently held at Wogan.

Update - due to said failure - the above service has been diverted to run (and call at) St Helens Junction.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)