Current time: 01/06/2024, 09:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
As Mr t has said its likely to be a good system as it seems the hierarchy of merseytravel seem to behind this , remains to be seen if it will work in some of the more outlying areas of the operators network though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/04/2016 06:59)RedPanda Wrote:  Are they using their own personal mobile phone or a cheap one Ariiva's provided?

Their own phone. All calls are reimbursed.
(17/04/2016 07:02)wirralbus Wrote:  As Mr t has said its likely to be a good system as it seems the hierarchy of merseytravel seem to behind this , remains to be seen if it will work in some of the more outlying areas of the operators network though.

I can recall being on a school trip to north Wales in the early 80s. The bus was an MPTE Atlantean that developed a minor fault and the driver used the two-way radio to contact control to resolve the situation. This was well before the development of mobile phones.
You must be about the same age as me , basically I can remember them devices they looked like phone receivers high up in the cab behind them.
Its all good and well using mobiles but what you have to remember is there not be used in the cab theoretically unless the bus is fully isolated and requires you to get out the cab.
It gives the traffic desk a quick an easy access to speak to the driver if needed and not breaking the law.
(17/04/2016 11:32)wirralbus Wrote:  You must be about the same age as me , basically I can remember them devices they looked like phone receivers high up in the cab behind them.

If you can remember the first Wallasey Atlanteans and Birkenhead Daimler Fleetlines being delivered, yes we must be about the same age.

Back to the issue in hand, if this report is true, I wonder why LS is the first depot to have radios fitted?
2435 and 2461 have been collected by PVS.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Nice to see the flat fare introduced on the Wirral eventually £2.20 , crossriver flat fare will be £3.30
And a cross river day rider as well
I wonder whether this is in relation to poor value for money compared to Stagecoach fares.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)