Current time: 11/06/2024, 03:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(05/03/2016 16:14)Valandil Wrote:  If Cheshire West council had had the powers to introduce a Merseyside-style QBP (and exercised them) it might have brought your imaginary situation about.
A QBP couldn't have been imposed at the Warrington end due to the large number of services through Stockton Heath (the same reason why, annoyingly, a QBP can't be introduced on the 14/79C between Liverpool and Widnes).
But then if it was enforced at one end, it would naturally work at the other end anyway, as no operator would have their vehicles sit around for a bit after they cross the boundary out of the QBP zone.

Regarding your comment about the 14/79C QBP, it won't have anything to do with the number of buses in a certain area. The only buses this would concern is the 14 (and variations) and the 79/C. With the 14's and 79c's running at a 15 minute frequency and the 79's running at a 5-10 minute frequency, it would make it no different to the QBP between Stagecoach and Arriva on their 10/A and 82 services.

I believe the QBP first came about on the 82 due to a lack of passengers with one of the companies (I presume stagecoach) and then was rolled out to subsequent services shared by the two after the success of this initial route.

I may be wrong about the first QBP, but I'm pretty certain I read this somewhere
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - telf23 - 07/03/2016 02:49
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)