Current time: 29/05/2024, 09:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(25/02/2016 15:47)Valandil Wrote:  I would have thought that a less frequent service connecting more areas would do better (say Widnes - Runcorn - Halton Lea - Frodsham - Ellesmere Port), as Runcorn town centre and Widnes aren't connected with Frodsham/Ellesmere Port (or even Chester), though I think GHA's lack of success with their X36 service which ran all the way from Liverpool Airport to Ellesmere Port has put an end to the idea of extensions, and Arriva(/Halton?) might not like further competition between Runcorn and Widnes, even though this wouldn't be the point of the extension.

Halton Transport used to run a 31 From Widnes To Chester Hourly (following most of the 21 route) but withdrew the service around 2008/2009? due to declining passenger numbers travelling from the Widnes section of the route. Halton wanted to concentrate more on the 'local' area, and focused more on schools/colleges which were more self-sustainable by cash fares, and since then the 'link' from Widnes has vanished.

The 31 service actually existed during the same time GHA took over the 36 commercially after it was withdrawn by First Chester, A possible reason why there was no extension. First Chester also used ECW Olympians which wouldn't be able to travel around the eastern side of the busway due to low bridges, you would essentially have to head back on yourself before travelling East to Widnes again.

If people do want to travel to Chester or Cheshire West by bus, many (myself actually included) will just interchange at Halton Lea anyway by taking the short (IICR 12 minute) trip on the 110.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Raawwwrrr! - 25/02/2016 22:17
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)