Current time: 28/09/2024, 19:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
RE: Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services
(23/02/2016 22:34)robertclark125 Wrote:  Out of interest, how much will the PVR increase or decrease at Preston Bus, as a result of these changes?

I also wonder what the knock on effect will be for smaller operators, in the next two to three years, as well as Stagecoach, Preston Bus, and Blackpool Transport. For a small firm, with maybe a few coaches, there may not be the incentive to go in for bus work, given that there is no tendered bus work available. Will more firms decide to close down, and maybe sell out to Rotala or Stagecoach? Fine for those who have a lot of contract work, such as Jacksons of Blackpool. Not fine for a very small firm.

I think there will always be a place for smaller operators but they have to think outside the box and take a gamble. It loathes me to say it as I'm not there biggest fan but you have to admire what Oakwood/Catch 22 have done and are linking several sections of different subsidised services together to run one commercial service - whether it works and they run it properly is yet to be seen but there having a go and that's how it has to be 'sink or swim'.

Far to many operators rely on tenders as it's guarenteed work/income which in volitile times is all good and well but there's potentially lots of opportunities, whether the big boys just come along and register against them is another issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lancashire County Council Cuts to Bus Services - Mayneway - 24/02/2016 23:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)