Current time: 11/06/2024, 12:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
I travelled today from Acton to Liverpool via Chester. I caught the first bus after 0930 from Acton which was a GHA Centro CN57EFD - yes I am one of the silver tops, long time retired! As you can imagine this is a popular service and one I am surprised Arriva let go. The Centro was about half full after Tarporley where we were overtaken by the Routemaster DD H116. This was virtually empty.And so it remained into Chester.

Returning from Chester I caught the 1535 GHA from the Bus Station - busy from town to Vicars Cross but sparse loadings otherwise. The Routemaster ex-Fishwicks Commander was again virtually empty as if followed the GHA working all the way to Tarporley.

However the GHA driver I am sure was glad of the following Routemaster C84. There was a serious RTA near the Red Fox pub near Tarporley and all traffic was having to turn right onto the A49 Whitchurch Road. The Commander overtook the Centro and the RM driver led the GHA vehicle through Spurstow, Haughton and Burland to pick up the normal route at Acton.

Quite an adventure. A pleasure to see the operation between the competing buses. What the locals around Haughton thought of this 'convoy' as they were pushed to the side of the lanes I do not know.

But I agree with previous comments. I feel sorry for RM who have filled a gap in the Chester service only to have it taken away by GHA. Incidentally there was some confusion between passengers as to ticket purchases. Some paid to use the GHA bus even though they had an Arriva return. That won't last for long.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - BHA - 23/02/2016 22:09
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)