Current time: 28/09/2024, 00:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
(17/02/2016 19:17)JamesR19 Wrote:  Expecting passengers to buy tickets at Queen Square (which has the same opening times as Liverpool One apart from 10am-5pm on a Sunday) is defeating the object. I mean by your post if it is a Sunday and I got the train to Lime Street I have to walk to Queen Square and then to Liverpool One which I certainly would NOT be happy about doing that. Also not everyone has the ability to use Mobile tickets or Online tickets so what would they do? I doubt elderly passengers have a smartphone or able to use ticket machines.

Basically what I am saying that right now, 7.15pm, if I needed to travel with National Express in an emergency there is NO way of me purchasing tickets at Liverpool One. However if National Express was based in Liverpool South Parkway they could have an agent in their ticket office which is open from Monday to Saturday 05:50 - 00:15 and Sunday 07:50 - 00:15 so there is plenty of time for passengers to purchase tickets even in an emergency.

The National Express ticket office (and coach station) wasn't open for the full hours of Coach operation on Norton Street anyway. If I can remember correctly it actually opened at around 9pm, with a few coaches departing before then, and it closed hours before the last coach. What did people do? They bought tickets online or went a day prior, the alternate was to wait until it was open or use the electronic machines.
If you in fact google the time to walk from Lime Street to Liverpool via both Hanover Street or via Queen SQ the time is an equal 15 minute walk and an equal 0.7 mile distance, so I'm not too sure why you would be unhappy exactly?

I'm currently doing market research into marketing techniques (all be it for the purpose of a well-known UK department store) and how to use mobile devices more effectively and 20% of those over 60 now actually own a smartphone and it is the fastest growing market share in technology history of the digital age. Not everyone over that age will be completely smartphone literate but to say that elderly passengers won't embrace the power of handheld digital devices isn't true.

With regards to wanting to buy tickets at Liverpool One at (around 7pm) and in theory could buy them from LSP I'd personally be assuming you would also have to travel to LSP from the City Centre in order to purchase tickets and then board the coach? (which would return to Liverpool One) realistically are you going to do that in an emergency? Would you not just pay more and get the train in the first place, or buy a mobile ticket that you would purchase and show in under 5 minutes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)