Current time: 27/09/2024, 23:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
(17/02/2016 07:20)M60lad Wrote:  At the old Coach Station you were able to get tickets virtually upuntil the coach was due to depart from the ticket machines in the Coach Station, now with the ticket machines being situated inside the Merseytravel shop at Liverpool ONE where can you get tickets from once the Travelshop has closed, surely this one of the negatives over the old National Express Coach Station where you could get tickets virtually anytime

You have made a VERY good point there mate, I mean the Travel Centre is open from 8.30am-6.00pm on Monday - Saturday and closed on Sundays so with the National Express ticket office being in there where are passengers supposed to get their tickets from after those hours. Your post has proved how much of a farce the relocation to Liverpool One is.

(17/02/2016 12:15)MTL0201 Wrote:  Most of the Liverpool-Manchester coaches go to Leeds, & peak hour journeys can be 2 hours 30 plus, the whole timetable would have to be recast with extra coaches/drivers added if it went to LSP.

Not to mention the overnight 421 Blackpool-London wouldn't be able to serve LSP as after Liverpool that calls at Birkenhead & Chester after Liverpool & goes the A59 into Liverpool from Preston, also other day coaches that go to Birkenhead & Chester would be affected with extra journey times added, moving NEX to LSP is idiotic.

Your 421 journey example could EASILY be rerouted to LSP from the A59 via M57 > Knowsley Exressway > A561 to LSP then just travel back along the A561 to Liverpool One then travel onto Birkenhead, Chester etc.

Also like I previously mentioned day coaches could start and finish at LSP with a stop at Liverpool One with only 20 minutes added journey time which is nothing to people who wish to travel to LSP rather than Liverpool One. Your problem and issues with LSP are crazy. I mean it is a lot nicer, SAFER and has a lot more connecting travel services than Liverpool One will ever have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)