Current time: 01/07/2024, 11:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
I used the Chester - Liverpool corridor yesterday, overall I was quite pleased the way it was ran! Most of the buses I seen arrived and departed on time with reasonable loads, and a lot more passengers seemed to know how to make the most of their day tickets/weeklys as aposed to liverpool (Where some still wait for "their" operator to show up cause they're too lay/stupid to read the pre-release/post-release doccumentation).

The X2 was a strange one for me as departing on a scania ultralow towards Chester, I was one of 6 people on board, On the return with Arriva around 2pm, I was one of around 34.

Whilst at Ellesmere Port Bus Station, I was listening into a conversation of three pensioners who were slacking the service, who the claiming that "The government have done this to mess the passengers around and get as much money as they can". I kindly butted in and told them that "Chesire and Cheshire West council with Merseytravel have done such a thing to improve the service for regular commuters, your 1 is still the 1, your 401 is renumbered and your X2 is your faster bus into Chester, You'll soon be getting better buses and roads to match. The main point of a QPB is the use of Day and Weeky tickets, benefitting the PAYING passengers."

The 1 service then came in 30 minutes late, with another 10 minutes late directly behind it, Followed by the 2 which was running to schedule. I noticed this earlier when a Floline on the 1 left Chester Bus Station with a full standing load and the driver had to leave the last few passengers behind.

Overall I was pleased!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
QBP Liverpool and Wirral - P450 SWX - 27/06/2012, 22:22
RE: QBP Wirral & Liverpool - T42 PVM - 27/06/2012, 22:32
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - Raawwwrrr! - 22/07/2012 11:59
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - M60lad - 23/07/2012, 06:06
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - Jack - 18/10/2012, 17:59
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - Jack - 18/10/2012, 18:31
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - b2311e - 18/10/2012, 21:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)