Current time: 24/06/2024, 11:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Operation of articulated buses in the North West
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(26/12/2015 22:40)RedPanda Wrote:  If I have used the 10 to get to/from Liverpool, I've noticed that Liverpool to Page Moss/Huyton area is the busiest part of the route. I've seen many obstructions and hazards between Liverpool and Page Moss the main one being buses pulling over at stops. I would say reducing the amount of single and double deckers there are between Liverpool and Page Moss and replacing some with a bendy buses may help ease congestion especially at the Royal Liverpool Hospital.
The only problem I can see is what havoc would it cause if they got stuck at the hospital or the nearby Lidl store.

Can't say too much on today's timetables as I've not been to Liverpool today. Only been on a normal weekday but I can't see there being much difference.
I think that the major traffic problem for the 10 10A 10B is the section of route inbound between Sainsburys on East Prescot Road and Tesco at Old Swan. The road crosses Queens Drive and then narrows as the dual carriageway finishes. Cars are trying to get into and out of the many side streets through the shopping centre. and then you have the traffic light controlled dounle junction at Broad Green Road (used by services 61/68), St Oswalds Street (services 60/139). Derby Lane and Prescot Road. Add to this a new Aldi built in Broad Green Road adding to a nightmare situation.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - childwallblues - 27/12/2015 08:05

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)