Current time: 24/06/2024, 11:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Operation of articulated buses in the North West
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(26/12/2015 23:08)RedPanda Wrote:  Trial a route with the bendy buses, Liverpool to Junction 2 M57? Make it a limited stop service

Arriva has already operated articulated buses in Liverpool. One example was trialled on the 26/27 circulars (albeit not in service) and I believe some were planned to go to Runcorn for deployment on the Runcorn Busway circular services. Ultimately however ten went to Speke depot and they were deployed exclusively on the 500, 501 and 699 between 2011 and 2014

I don't know why there would be another bus service (never mind an express) running between Liverpool and Junction 2 of the M57 - because both the 10 and 10A go through there already - and apart from that there's nothing there that actually needs a direct bus service. Taking into account the amount of traffic (especially at morning and evening peak times) between the city centre and Stoneycroft/Old Swan adding even more buses would not help congestion along an already very busy section of the 8/9, 10/10A and 10B bus routes. I really don't see the point in that idea I'm afraid
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - SK15 GZG - 26/12/2015 23:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)