Current time: 26/09/2024, 04:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Operation of articulated buses in the North West
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(26/12/2015 22:40)RedPanda Wrote:  If I have used the 10 to get to/from Liverpool, I've noticed that Liverpool to Page Moss/Huyton area is the busiest part of the route. I've seen many obstructions and hazards between Liverpool and Page Moss the main one being buses pulling over at stops. I would say reducing the amount of single and double deckers there are between Liverpool and Page Moss and replacing some with a bendy buses may help ease congestion especially at the Royal Liverpool Hospital.
The only problem I can see is what havoc would it cause if they got stuck at the hospital or the nearby Lidl store.

Articulated buses would cause more congestion than there is at present unless the relevant bus stops all received expensive modifications accommodate the larger vehicles. If you think how many bus stops there are along the 10/10A routes it would cost a significant amount of money - money that could be spent on something more beneficial. The Alexander Dennis Enviro400s that are currently used by Arriva on the 10/10A are 10.9 metres long - compare that to a Mercedes-Benz O530G which is 18 metres long. Apart from that why would Arriva replace not even 1-year-old double deckers with articulated buses that are over 10 years old with a much lower seating capacity? I think the vast majority of all bus users (regular or otherwise) would very much rather have a seat on a bus than having to stand up - that's why the likes of the 10/10A, 10B, 12/13, 15 and 75 have all received brand new double deckers in the twelve months
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - SK15 GZG - 26/12/2015 22:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)