Current time: 27/09/2024, 19:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sale of Local Authority bus companies
RE: Sale of Local Authority bus companies
(19/12/2015 11:48)RedPanda Wrote:  RSTurbo they've just sold the 11reg solos as they was wanting something bigger and they always seem to buy a brand new buses. They asked the council for investment recently didn't they. High fares is another one. They can afford to pay staff but can't afford a brand new bus. Perhaps sell up or buy several secondhand buses for the price of a new one.

They sold the 11 plate Solos not because they need the money but because they don't require that size of vehicle anymore. They used them to inter work services with the 31 but that service has been withdrawn. What's the point of keeping them f they are no longer required. Perhaps makes good business sense? Also some of the 53 plate VDLs have since been brought back into service to replace these...

The Versas purchased was 'partly' funded by the local authority. However they also received a substantial grant for greener buses, a government initiative. High fares, well that's a management decision and I'm not n a position to answer that one.

The staff can't be paid? Where on earth have you got this from? I'd be interested to know your source on that one.

Why would they buy second hand buses now when they have a more than adequate fleet? You obviously have a short memory as the company purchased a fair few Deckers from Londn in 2011 all of which were second hand..

Just thought I would clear up some facts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sale of Local Authority bus companies - RSTurbo50 - 19/12/2015 12:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)