Current time: 30/06/2024, 03:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Crimbo 2015
(08/11/2015 16:54)busdude Wrote:  I don't like the fact Bebington and Bromborough have the choice of two options whereas the rest of the Wirral get nothing! They could have at least done a West Kirby and a new Brighton night train instead of having a Hooton service which is covered by the N1 anyway or atleast brought back the N23 or the N37 instead of the N1

I totally agree. The same situation applies regarding the services to Waterloo where you have both a bus and train night service but there is nothing else in north Liverpool/south Sefton.I do wonder how these night bus and train services were planned and decided upon and by whom. There seems to be absolutely no joined-up thinking or rationale to them and it seems as if they were planned with the clear intention that they would incur financial losses.

I know that Merseyrail is the most extensive local rail network outside of London, but it serves only a very small percentage of the Merseyside population in comparison to the bus network. If there is sufficient funding to operate these late-night trains surely it would have been better to operate night buses on all of the major corridors. I am sure these would carry more passengers than the trains and the financial support would be a lot less per passenger mile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)