Current time: 02/06/2024, 07:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fifteen years since the sale of MTL to Arriva
RE: Fifteen years since the sale of MTL to Arriva
(12/03/2015 10:13)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Not 100% sure but weren't these Dart's were an Arriva order rather than something MTL (chasis) had on order and Arriva kept on?

I do know/what other's have mentioned that the Wright Renown's (2701-30) were something MTL had ordered before selling to Arriva and got built to Arriva spec like the Renown's Arriva ordered for its Shires, Scotland West and North East subsidiaries.

Yes I'm pretty certain both the Renowns and B6 Crusader 2's were MTL orders and Arriva ordered DAF and Dennis products.

(12/03/2015 10:13)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Very true and I think more Marshall Dart's would've come in if MTL had at least survived in 2000/01. Marshall also would have snatched MTL's arm off for another big order although as shown they'd have not lasted anywhere near as long as Renowns and other 12m have from that period.

I doubt MTL would have ordered more Marshall Darts considering the backlash they got from the travelling public. I believe somebody even wrote in to the Echo to comment on how cramped and unsuitable these vehicles where.

(12/03/2015 10:13)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Hopefully in Arriva at least now we're getting the right sized vehicles on the right routes in the region.

Yes it is great to see Arriva are finally beginning to invest in suitable sized vehicles for their long suffering passengers. I genuinely believe that the huge influx of Pulsars over the past few years was purely a stopgap in order to replace non-DDA compliant vehicles quickly and cheaply. This is how Arriva seemed to be working. For example, the Enviro400's that were purchased for the 60 route in 2009 were originally planned for the 79, but as the 79 already saw low floor vehicles allocated to it, the 60 was given preference to displace the Volly Ollys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fifteen years since the sale of MTL to Arriva - Phil - 12/03/2015 10:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)