Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
(02/11/2014 10:40)Dentonian Wrote:  Trouble is, its something of a generalisation to say the present set up works quite well. Compared to pre-1986, it may work "quite well" for south Manchester, but few in Tameside or Bolton - two of the most profitable depots in GMT/GMB days - are happy. I suspect something similar is the case in Merseyside, with many Liverpool routes having better servics than pre-1986, whilst the suburbs, especially the erstwhile low car ownership ones, have suffered.

Because the network outside of side of peak is so pour. I personally travel to and from work by bus and its a bus to the bus station then a bus to work, but in the evening it's a bus to the bus station then a 25 minute walk home. I live on a busy enough road that's served by three very busy commercial services but at 7pm when everything seems to become subsidised services are sketchy and non existant. It's abit like the postcode lottery. If your lucky enough to live on a large council estate get served by a hourly service up till midnight yet other areas get nothing, and the crazy thing is them subsidised services that do run in the evening tend to carry fresh air after 9pm.

As one fellow Tameside shift worker pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago, Stagecoach still insist on frequent early morning and late eveving 216's despite the Metrolink running in direct compititon yet other areas of Tameside that Stagecoach serves commercially are left high and dry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)