Current time: 16/06/2024, 01:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(09/09/2014 13:40)enrag2000 Wrote:  The problem is that the 185 at 1320 is a new service and the usual stand for the 685 (stand 5) is occupied by the incoming 179/outgoing 79 at that time; the adjacent stands are also in use. Arriva are still using stand 5 for the usual 685 journeys.

The Telford's vehicle you saw would have been the incoming 185 service which then departs light - presumably back to Newcastleton on a non-schoolday, it does a Brampton school run on schooldays.

Having said that, I suppose Stagecoach management will not be too happy that these 185 journeys now operate along the main road through Warwick Bridge instead of Crosby on Eden as previously.

I was in Carlisle today and happened to walk past the Lowther Street northbound bus stop outside the Club Britannia and there was a Cumbria CC style notice stating "Arriva Service 185 to Haltwhistle - The Arriva service 185 to Haltwhistle via Low Row and Gilsland at 13.20 will depart from this stop until further notice." Oh - and in the bus station there is no mention of Arriva or Telford 185 journeys - the only 185 journeys that appear are as part of the Stagecoach 685 Brampton summary timetable and are for Stagecoach journeys - evening and Sundays.

And it is not just 185 journeys that now run through Warwick Bridge.

Reays have extended their 500 Carlisle<> Wigton service as of 8 September 2014 to now run Brampton (Dacre Road) <> Warwick Bridge <> Carlisle <> Wigton every 2 hours - 4 round trips on schooldays and 5 roundtrips on Saturdays using 2 double deckers. So far I have see 5 persons or less on each double decker so how long it will last I do not know. Reyas have an updated timetable on stand 2 in the bus station and the bus station 'map' shows Reays 500 to use stand 2. But yesterday the Reays 500 to Brampton pulled into stand 4 or 5 (next to the normal 685/185 stand) and after a short wait a few (4?) passengers waiting for the 685 Brampton got on the Reays bus.

So quite a few changes on the 685/185/Brampton<>Carlisle route corrider this month all arising from Cumbria County Council deciding to withdraw bus subsidy support for bus services. [Note - need to add more info here at a later date/time on the other changes].
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire - bramptontrev - 12/09/2014 20:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)