Current time: 04/06/2024, 16:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(21/01/2014 19:26)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The route between Kirkby & Skelmersdale could be a bit like the old 345/355/365 Route, although passenger usage that way probably wouldn't be great.

To be honest with you, I was thinking of it running from Skelmersdale along the M58 between junctions 1-3 and then the A506. From Kirkby to Liverpool it could then run as a limited stop service like the old LCPT 544 did before the Kirkby line was electrified in 1977. Remember that? I've no doubt that Stagecoach management and drivers could identify the busiest stops that could be served along the Kirkby-Liverpool section.

It will be interesting to see if the new X3 can keep to the advertised journey time of 36 minutes without it being a limited stop service. I suspect that it won't be able to in its present format.

I know this suggestion might seem slightly off the wall, but who would have thought that the X2 would have become the success it has? And that it is competition with Merseyrail and Arriva's 47/48.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - Barney - 21/01/2014 21:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)