Current time: 20/09/2024, 00:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Independent Local Bus Companies
RE: Independent Local Bus Companies
(12/03/2013 22:52)Mayneway Wrote:  Out of interest Jimbo, do you use JPT services often??

I think there are good and bad local independants.
I have always rated Stott's as being one of the area's best indie's. Their buses are modern, they are always very clean inside and out, the drivers are all extremely pleasant. I have to say in all the years ive used their services i have never had cause to complain.

Turn back the clock 16 months and JPT had it all, a nice modern fleet, a decent network of services and most of all happy passengers, but as is the case greed takes over and they try to take on the big boys and fall on their backs. They sell the modern low floor vehicles and replace them with twice as many old sheds, becuase they think a bigger presence gives them a better chance. The fact they are now asking how they can improve things on Facebook, even though the owner has been running the business since the 80's suggests they have run out of steam.

Its not just JPT, i think the same can be said about Bluebird and also Speedwell bus, Dennis's also tried many years ago and failed, and look at UK North. In my opinion these days independants need to be happy to run alongside the big boys and do tenders, but as soon as they start trying to compete, there done for!

i agree about stotts,we`ve got the other side of the business (owned by the brother of owner of Stotts of oldham i think) & having used both i can say they are both a quality operator,not too big big but have found gaps in market & have used them to there advantage
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Independent Local Bus Companies - Wright Eclipse - 12/03/2013 23:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)