Current time: 20/09/2024, 00:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Independent Local Bus Companies
RE: Independent Local Bus Companies
(12/03/2013 00:39)jimbo Wrote:  (Not sure if right forum, please move if wrong)

Hello my fellow bus lovers, it has come to my attention that quite a few people on this planet don't want local bus companies to succeed, some may well be badly run due to many reasons, but they always want to improve.
Recently a local bus company in Manchester (JPT) decided to ask the public how they could improve their service, and quite a few people have responded by saying many nasty things inc;

Quote:Pack up and let stagecoach transform the bus services of north manchester like they are going to do anyway lol.
Quote:Worst bus company EVER... Just blow all your buses up and get off the road make way for a propa bus company STAGECOACH they will only run you off the road anyway bye bye no good bus company
Quote:Hand the evening tenders back to stagecoach
etc...

What I'd like is some of your input here, maybe voice your opinions on how they could improve, or maybe find ways of expressing how local firms are important for all of us in many ways.

I am personally offended at people wanting a company to fail, I would hate to see the roads full of only 3 company's buses (i.e. First, Arriva, Stagecoach).

wouldnt this post be better off in the JPT Thread,anyway,i can think of 3 ways JPT Can improve

- Get rid of some of there old scap or at least make it look half decent (ALX200`s could do with a repaint & get rid of the tape repairs)

- Look at links not yet used (Middleton - Trafford Cnt,Oldham - Manchester Express)

- look at investing in new buses again,JPT got to a stage were it seemed to choose 3/4 Olympians & presidents over a Enviro 400,or at least refurbish the current buses

- This is a long shot,but the Rippondon - Halifax services are due for re-tender next year,maybe if they bid for them & won,they could work alongside metro to bring back the Oldham - Halifax Link,maybe taking it to Manchester

i think it is bad who people want them to fail,but its only to be expected if they've had bad experiences with them,but in this climate we dont need another company going under & more job losses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Independent Local Bus Companies - Wright Eclipse - 12/03/2013 02:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)