Current time: 14/06/2024, 13:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fixing FirstGroup's buses
RE: Fixing FirstGroup's buses
(19/01/2013 16:04)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I don't think its that simple in the case of disposals, what I suspect is that the list that was issued has most if not all the planned disposals in England, as Wales is about to get a new batch of Enviro Enviro200's and has already been slimlined and with the collapse of Veolia as well is safe for now. However Scotland opens questions especially the Scotland East division as it is suggested that two operating licenses there could be made into one as Lothian is still having a major effect on routes which terminate in Edinburgh along with other operators that operate in that teritory, however Galashields depot at least is safe but a question mark may hang over some of the others.

Galashiels (no 'd') is currently receiving ten ADL Enviro300s chiefly for the trunk route X95 between Edinburgh and Carlisle, although they have also appeared on the 60 Rail Link service between Galashiels, Duns and Berwick. Six have arrived so far with four still due. No fleetnames are presently carried but they do carry the little speech-bubble stickers on the sides which say "I'm cared for by the Galashiels depot team". Galashiels have also commenced repaints into the new First livery with four saloons (Scanias 65742-44 and Volvo B7RLE 69263) and one decker (Gemini 37133) currently outshopped.

Although the 60 is in the main run by the Scanias and Volvo B7RLEs, there's plenty of interest on it just now; the Royale and Gemini deckers are frequent performers on the route, and some of the Volvo B10BLEs transferred from Dalkeith when that depot closed are currently putting in appearances too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fixing FirstGroup's buses - gilesbus1 - 19/01/2013, 01:03
RE: Fixing FirstGroup's buses - DunsBus - 29/01/2013 21:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)