Current time: 01/07/2024, 12:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QBP Liverpool and Wirral
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral
(18/10/2012 05:56)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel seem to like them , they seem to like the fact that they have some form of control .

Arriva , Stagecoach and to a lesser extent First used it remove some and i say some of the oldest members of there fleets .

There has been problems with non compatabile vehicles being used , but the furore seems to have died down about the 86 in particular .

The next thing for the QBP routes is to set certain dates in the schedule where if they are going to alter the routes it has to be done then , in West Yorkshire they have seen dates for alterations that the operators stick to and that is without a QBP in sight yet , so it could be done .

The Wirral QBPs are in far more of a mess than anything in Liverpool, and I don't think there is much that can be done to fix it without starting again.

A QBP should be balanced. Operators equally sharing services. Operators using similar vehicles. Operators sharing routes.

No Arriva service on the 2 in the evenings or during a Sunday/Bank Hol - at all.
No Arriva service on the 1 - at all.

Whilst that may not usually be a problem, the net result is you have a failing operator, (First Group), who couldn't care less about their Wirral operations, running an important and arterial route with poor, low capacity, elderly vehicles, way past their best - with absolutely no choice but to use them if going to Cheshire Oaks, or on an evening/Sunday.

The QBP also caused the demise of the useful X11 express return working.

I don't use the 471/472 routes, but at least they are getting operated by newish double deck vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
QBP Liverpool and Wirral - P450 SWX - 27/06/2012, 22:22
RE: QBP Wirral & Liverpool - T42 PVM - 27/06/2012, 22:32
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - M60lad - 23/07/2012, 06:06
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - First Class - 18/10/2012 07:06
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - Jack - 18/10/2012, 17:59
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - Jack - 18/10/2012, 18:31
RE: QBP Liverpool and Wirral - b2311e - 18/10/2012, 21:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)