Current time: 19/09/2024, 18:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Upcoming service changes in Merseyside
RE: Upcoming service changes in Merseyside
(27/07/2024 11:44)moreton407 Wrote:  I've been led to believe that A2B drivers have been driving Selwyns buses on this service?

Does anyone actually use this service? I just see empty buses.
The 811 would be used a lot more if it wasn't ran by cowboys and people knew where it went.

I know someone who has been in contact with Merseytravel about the service as even under A2B every bus did it's own route and under Selwyns it's been even worse.

Just for some examples.
On Monday, the 16:17 trip ran upto 8 minutes early though Deeside Ind Estate, didn't go into Stena and terminated itself at Moreton Cross and didn't continue to Leasowe, The 17:17 trip tracking suggests the bus didn't serve the stop at Broughton Tesco, ran upto 5 minutes early though Deeside Ind Est, didn't serve Bromborough Pool Village and then terminated itself early just before Bidston station.
On Tuesday, 2 AM trips missed Queensferry Asda. The 16:17 trip terminated early at Moreton Cross and the 17:17 trip seemed to have an issue around Sandycroft so diverted through Chester to get to Deeside Ind Estate however upton leaving the Ind Est, then missed out Little Sutton and despite being only 15 mins late, didn't serve stops after Bromborough Mendell Close.

In 2 days, that is a lot of breaches of contract all because Selwyns (and previously A2B) drivers treat it as an easy shift and do not run it properly.

Merseytravel stupidly never set the route to be the same each way for a long time too so it was officially only meant to serve all of Deeside Industrial Estate in the morning with the PM trips only serving Parkway near the petrol station. Key stops not put as timing points. Lack of promotion in Flintshire for it to be a valuable bus (given the poor service in Sandycroft).

The route is also stupidly slow and duplicates over other routes making the same journey patterns and seemingly professionals in Merseytravel have no care or knowledge on how to amend a bus service to make it useful for peopl.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming service changes in Merseyside - iMarkeh - 30/07/2024 23:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)