Current time: 02/06/2024, 13:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
(27/06/2023 21:34)CUL 73V Wrote:  That still wouldn't improve matters in the slightest. As I said earlier, the problems the city region has with its bus services are not down to the private operators, but sub standard local authorities. Nothing is going to improve while the latter is a problem, whether the buses are operated by the private sector, franchised or municipal.

Merseytravel's network of tendered services aren't particularly well organised and every single "review" has been an utter farce, so I don't see how them running an entire network would be any better.

Utter tosh, you want to live where I live, the private operators who are only interested in how much profit they can trouser have left my community virtually cut off in the evenings, Sundays and bank holidays. Franchising will fix that.

Merseytravel and the local authorities have all been hammered by austerity, if you think they are substandard, as we live in a democracy, you are well within your rights to put yourself forward if you think you can do better
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - 1466 - 28/06/2023 10:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)