Current time: 24/05/2024, 07:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(03/02/2020 19:47)knutstransport Wrote:  Although, ignoring other issues what excuse do Arriva have for the frequent 'ticket office closed due to staff shortages' excuse? OK they'll happen from time to time if someone phones in sick at the last minute but it seems Arriva don't have enough ticket office staff and unlike with drivers and CAF trains it's not a case of we may have the staff but they may not be trained on the right type of equipment.

I don't know about all ticket offices but my local one (which has 13 shifts across the week) often seems to be closed for around 3 of them - sometimes (Mon-Sat) someone opens the ticket office late i.e. around 8am and the same person locks up early around 6pm, instead of one person doing a morning/early afternoon shift and another doing an afternoon/evening shift so it's like it's been planned in advance. I'd never seen that happen prior to Arriva taking over Northern.

Like Metroline1511 alluded to that's one of the basics that anyone running a franchise should get right.

How many of the said station stations have a metal ticket issuer in a TVM , these days the proliferation of online tickets is slowly dwindling real ticket issuing staff to the bone as you can pick these tickets up at said TVM as well .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - wirralbus - 04/02/2020 16:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)