Current time: 22/09/2024, 05:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Concessionary Bus Pass reform
RE: Concessionary Bus Pass reform
(31/07/2019 21:03)iMarkeh Wrote:  I 100% think there should be a fine in place for misusing a concessionary pass. I would put money on the fact there is concessionary passes being used by those who aren't the named person on the pass (Hidden disabilities do exist but those who want to abuse the system will know how to do so by now). Most drivers don't check the pass to check the user matches the details on the pass (which I appreciate is not a drivers job but it's an observation) so people think they can get away with it easier.

The MyTicket thing is laughable. While I wouldn't want to see an mandatory ID based system like TFGM brought in, I can see it being necessary. Profits will go up by about 30%.

You are of course correct in suggesting that fraudulent usage of concessionary passes does occur but the question is to what extent. Without presenting any hard evidence you have implied that it it is on a large scale and I would argue that it is a lot less than 1% of all transactions as whenever a card is reported lost, stolen or expires the chip in it is automatically cancelled thus rendering it useless. Also, this thread was started to discuss the issue of the Welsh Assembly's decision to raise the eligibility age from 60 to state pensionable and there is no plan to limit the number of concessionary passes issued based on disability which you seem quite keen on.

Furthermore, you are conflating two unrelated issues in that a MyTicket is NOT a concessionary pass but has to be paid for by the passenger and drivers can and do ask for ID evidence as proof of age.

As for suggesting that a fine should be levied for the misuse of a concessionary pass, the last time I saw an inspector checking tickets the driver called him Blakey.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concessionary Bus Pass reform - Barney - 01/08/2019 07:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)