Current time: 24/05/2024, 08:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(29/03/2019 19:34)knutstransport Wrote:  Grayling - Northern can't deliver franchise specification: https://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/news...rn-promise
Is there a reason why trains can't couple in Stockport and then trains can link for that last bit into Manchester thus using 1 path but having more trains available.

For example (i know this wouldn't work in all cases and times would have to be changed to accommodate this but say paths are available) link the Buxton service with the Greenbank. Split at Stockport. There you go, that is that sorted.

I would like to know why all these extra services are put into the requirements when Piccadilly is already full.

Can anyone think of any simple solutions on how to make more capacity around Piccadilly (without suggesting P15/P16.).
Whenever I am at Picc, is always seems so under utilised. Some platforms are rarely used (Platform 12 for example has 12 trains per day).
Also the lack of calling on I find is a bit confusing on P13/14. If a train is in platform 14 loading, why isn't a train then being called into the B platform ready. Surely that sort of thing could quickly and easily get a better throughput in the upper platforms at Piccadilly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - iMarkeh - 29/03/2019 21:46

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)