Current time: 24/05/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(10/12/2018 10:31)knutstransport Wrote:  Yet you specifically compared a bus+tram price to the price of a rail ticket, as if you were presuming those who buy the Stagecoach Daysaver only travel on one bus route but those who buy the rail ticket to Manchester CTLZ also make an onward journey on Metrolink. If someone from Reddish is going to MediaCity, Old Trafford, The Trafford Centre, East Didsbury or Manchester Airport they can do it on Stagecoach buses alone so still only have to buy the Stagecoach Day Saver but if they travel on Northern they have to pay more.

You've also ignored the fact a Stagecoach Day Rider plus one is slightly cheaper than a Northern Duo currently, that the Stagecoach fares are all day fares not just tickets valid at off-peak times and that a Stagecoach Manchester weekly ticket is cheaper than a weekly season from Reddish North to Manchester.

I accept that there will be variations in overall destinations and numbers of people travelling, but I suspect both will be a minority overall. Realistically, its irrelevant as its simply a question of how many more people would be enticied onto each already overcrowded train?
Since I raised this, someone at Northern has admitted to the MEN that the lack of units will last until "at least May", although that's hardly a shock.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Brickmill - 10/12/2018 20:36

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)