Current time: 23/05/2024, 10:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
Route 76 Beer Festival

One of the oldest and perhaps most successful bus beer events is the Route 76 festival which involves buses visiting some 10 public houses in the Vale of Clwyd. Called Route76 as it roughly follows the bus service 76 which runs from Denbigh through various villages such as Llandyrnog to Ruthin and then onwards to Graigfechan.

When it was started some 10 years ago the buses were provided by GHA Coaches and there was always a number and variety of interesting vehicles employed.

Today (July 14th) the buses were provided by Llew Jones of Llanrwst. They had eight vehicles on the route running on about a 20 minutes frequency and there was also two spare vehicles available one at Ruthin and the other in Denbigh.

Participants paid a £10 fare and received a wrist band that enabled them to use the service throughout the period of operation from 12 noon to late in the evening. For the later services in addition to the driver a security person was carried on the vehicles.

From my observations in the afternoon period the event appeared to be very successful with good loadings on the buses and large crowds at all of the ten or so pubs involved with plenty of loud music and very tempting smells of food being cooked.

The buses used were :-
Duple 425 JIL5293
Volvo / Excalibur SIL3843
Javelin / Premier M17SMC and M18SMC
Volvo / Premier R50TGM
Scania / Intercentury LJI1697
Javelin / UVC LJI2221
Lavantes FJ60HYM and LJI4670
Solo YN03ZWB

Some of my photos can be seen -HERE-

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 14/07/2018 19:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)