Current time: 02/06/2024, 05:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(06/05/2016 11:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  Am sure i seen somewhere that the Liverpool - Manchester Airport via Warrington starts December 2017 so before the new Trains arrive so they must be planning to use 150/156 Trains on it to begin with

This service is to replace the TPE Liverpool - Scarborough which will run via Chat Moss.
Find all posts by this user
(06/05/2016 08:59)Gordon V Wrote:  There will in a few years time be 2 Man Air services ex Lime St,one via the Chat Moss and one via Warrington Central (Northern connect service).

Many thanks for the clarification Gordon. I think the way things have been previously written it looked like the Liverpool - Warrington - Airport was replacing the present service.
(06/05/2016 12:39)St Helens Rider Wrote:  This service is to replace the TPE Liverpool - Scarborough which will run via Chat Moss.

Yes that's correct
(06/05/2016 12:42)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Many thanks for the clarification Gordon. I think the way things have been previously written it looked like the Liverpool - Warrington - Airport was replacing the present service.

No problem and yes two separate services,not one replacing the other.
Will that Service be making any stops along the Chat Moss line?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/05/2016 11:32)wirralbus Wrote:  Its going to be quite a squeeze on the Liverpool - Huyton line , with an extra TPX service to fit in.

When is the fourth track going to be commissioned between Broad Green and Huyton

By the end of next year, we will have the following services on the Liverpool-Huyton line

TransPennine Express

1) Liverpool to Edinburgh Waverley via Newcastle (class 185)
2) Liverpool to Scarborough (class 185)
3) Liverpool to Glasgow Central via Preston (class 802 probably)

Northern

1) Liverpool to Manchester Airport (all stops) (class 319)
2) Liverpool to Bradford via Manchester Victoria (replacing the current all-stations local service to Victoria) (class 195)
3) Liverpool to Warrington Bank Quay (class 319)
4) Liverpool to Wigan North Western (class 319)
5) Liverpool to Preston/Blackpool (class 319)
(06/05/2016 08:33)T42 PVM Wrote:  I heard the current Airport Service is staying but will start calling at every Stop and a new Liverpool - Manchester Airport Service will start limited stop South Parkway and Warrington Central

By the end next year, the Liverpool-Manchester Aiport service via chat moss will stop at all stations. The new service Liverpool-Manchester Aiport service via Warrington Central will replace the current Transpenine Express service from Liverpool-Scarborough via Warrington Central. As a summary, we will have the following routes from Liverpool-Manchester via Warrington Central

1) The current half-hourly Liverpool-Manchester Oxford Road (all stops)
2) The new hourly Liverpool-Manchester Aiport service (limited stops)
3) I think the hourly East Midlands train from Liverpool to Norwich (limited stops).
Is the 4th platform face at Manchester Airport being used yet ?

Every time I have been there they still seem to be only using platform 1 , 2 and 3 .
(06/05/2016 10:49)Gordon V Wrote:  My assumptions and they are only assumptions are 319s to continue Chat Moss to Man Air and 195s via Warrington to Man Air.

Here's a preview of class 195 and class 331 on

https://issuu.com/smithdavispress/docs/2..._-_page/11
(06/05/2016 13:45)wirralbus Wrote:  Is the 4th platform face at Manchester Airport being used yet ?

Every time I have been there they still seem to be only using platform 1 , 2 and 3 .

You can check on the real time train website

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/a...&order=wtt
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)